Sign in to follow this  
Homra Azner

Site and Discord Updates, Promotion Orders

Homra Azner    117

Hey all, Ren is once again back, and hopefully for the final big announcement that has come in the last month or so.

Recently, as of yesterday, Ellina has stepped down to a regular staff position while I have taken the reins of the site, what this means to many of you will be almost nothing as not much will be changing besides a few understandable issues with how ranking up is working, and three other small announcements. I would like to thank Ellina for taking the reins from Lucian and the time she spent as head admin, and hopefully I will be as good of an admin as the previous ones.

Stepping right into the meat of stuff, with my promotion comes another long time coming promotion for Je’ka, a hard working member that is also a veteran on this site, beginning long before many.. outside of Verrin, of course :P He will be taking the duty of making the Forge a bit more appealing, as well as working with me on plotlines and other things that pertain to the site.

In addition to Je’ka getting the honorary purple, Lucian will be moved back up to staff to serve solely as the Tech Moderator, as well as a writer. Lucian is by far the most experienced of us all when it comes to the tech side of things, and he will only be sitting on the staff to deal with those issues and to provide input. Kure has also offered his assistance in making the forums and sub-forum descriptions, as well as working diligently to make sure everything came out on time, and while his position is only temporary due to his own want to not burnout from overworking, he has offered to join the staff full time if necessary, such as someone stepping down.

Now that the staff-related stuff is out of the way, let’s move onto the stuff that may affect everyone on the forum.

After examining our tedious, and honestly clunky, rank advancement system, I have demolished the rank of Initiate, Acolyte, and other lower ranks in favor of helping people move along quickly and to put them right into the galaxy without chaining them to a metaphorical desk. While this process is being removed, every new member will be grabbed by an old member (where the old member can be any rank) for a single thread and be shown the ropes of the site, just as a kind of welcome before sending them on their way.

In addition to this, ranking up will be a lot easier as it will only require writing stories and generally just being a good sport. Members that are part of the in-character war council will discuss the advancement of members as this goes on, tweaking and making sure everything runs smoothly. While people will rank up at their own pace normally, those dedicated few that just want to write will probably find themselves ranking up quicker than they would like due to their activity level alone. Thankfully the staff will contact the individual personally through PMs, allowing them to decline rank advancement if it isn’t fitting their story yet.

Finally, this brings me to a much more tedious subject that has been brought up in the past to me, and to a few others. Moving forward, we will allow character transfers from other sites to this one to allow members to settle in easier, but they will be required to provide evidence for said characters. It will be of their own choice how they implement their character into this AU, but this is more to provide people a chance to settle in easier.

In addition, you will now be able to make characters of the same rank as your highest ranked character, outside of Council-level characters. Prior this was only really utilized by the staff team as a means to help revitalize factions, while other members were stuck making characters at the rank of the Jedi Knight-equivalent. This will no longer be the case, though the characters will require much more detail than a standard character application.

Moving forward from the in-character aspect of this announcement, we will be shifting our attention to the advertising/recruiting aspect of the site. Fortunately for us, we have members that have advertised before for the site and are willing to do so again, but we are also looking for others. To provide incentive for recruiting, the staff will be looking at methods to award individuals that actively advertise, and workout means to provide them to the members that recruit new members. While providing in-character things may be a possibility, I don’t want to clamp down on the OOC portion assisting the IC portion just yet, but that may be the only way to deal with this.

Those that are willing to advertise/recruit for the site can PM me here, or DM me on Discord.

Then the final announcement comes with a minor shift from the original Discord to a new one. While this change may seem unnecessary, it is to provide the discord with a bit more tidiness, as well as providing a new greeting bot without the tediousness of setting it up. While the old Discord will remain, the new one can be found HERE or in the tab above. This is also to clean up the discord a bit, as some old members that have been long gone are still in it, though the discord will not disappear as members will have a chance to join the new Discord through that one.

That is it for all the announcements, but I am looking forward to working alongside everyone to get this site back-up onto its feet. Any questions and concerns can be directed to me through PMs on the site, or through DMs on Discord.

Edited by Homra Azner
  • Like 1
  • Great Post! 1
  • Love it 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this