Homra Azner    92

Elona 1, 3629BBY

Crystal Caves, Dantooine

Homra sat cross legged close to the cave's entrance, eyes closed in light meditation. He already sent a summons to @Mirran Kai. The Echani had a bag full of various components important for Mirran's final task, and he trusted that she was more than ready for what they were going to do next. 

The sun was partially hidden behind clouds, Dantooine's weather mild as always, the breeze fresh and refreshing as Homra waited.

It had been six months since he first met her, and now he's quite curious how much she had grown from that shy initiate to now. The mission in Tython and that discussion with Master Antur... was quite the thing, especially with Char around. Then the issue with a few Peacekeepers was a headache he was happy he hadn't dealt with.

So now he waited patiently, ready to take Mirran to her final task.

• Like 1

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran had been busy playing a game of Dejarik with her droid Kaybee. Dejarik was a game of skill and Mirran knew playing the game with a droid would at least get her to think more analytically. She was about to make her next move when she received a summon to head to the crystal cave. She sighed. "Looks like our game will have to wait, Kaybee." 

The droid protested. "But Mistress Mirran, you are close to defeating me." 

Mirran sighed, "Droids make poor liars. Force know why I continue to play you. But then there is an old proverb about falling down seven times and getting up eight. I suppose I play you to hone my skills in humility. You have already defeated me ten times already. Perhaps one of these days I will eventually defeat you. Stay put Kaybee looks like my eleventh straight loss will have to wait." 

"As you wish, Mistress Mirran." 

Mirran left the Enclave and continued down the path into the caverns. She smiled softly to herself, thinking about the trouble that she, Magnus, and Char had gotten into coming here alone without the permission of the Order itself. One of her more crazier ideas and completely out of character for her, she wondered what possessed her to disobey and come here on an excursion. Perhaps it was to know her fellow initiates a bit more. Magnus seemed a loyal and true friend. He seemed to know that whatever the risk you always stand by your friends. Meanwhile, Char seemed to only favor himself and seemed a bit self-centered and unwilling to stand by his friends even in danger. Mirran sighed, she would rather have one Magnus by her side than a hundred Chars or similar mannered individuals who seemed only to care about themselves. She could hear from a distance the water that dripped from the ceiling, it was rather peaceful and these caves would be more peaceful if they weren't infested by kinrath. Yet, she knew why the Jedi didn't come into these caves and cleared them all out. As much as a pain, the kinrath were they served a purpose in the Force and in life itself. They were connected and deserved the right to exist as much as she did. 

She sensed Knight Homra near these caves. "Knight Homra...I don't bite...." She said with a wistful smile on her face, recalling her first conversation with the Knight and he said that he didn't bite due to her very shy reserved nature. Mirran was still a bit reclusive but she had progressed a good deal since her time as a youngling to an initiate. 

Edited by Mirran Kai
Edited for clarity that Mirran and Homra are not in the cave but near it.
  • Like 1

Homra Azner    92

Homra grinned and stood up, dusting the dirt off his robes and slung the bag across his back.

"Good." The Echani patted one of the lightsabers clipped to his belt before motioning for Mirran to follow. "We have some work to do."

There was no need to bring a light source, and Homra took to using the Force to guide themselves. He easily avoided the many puddles and uneven parts of the path, sidestepping a few jagged rocks or holes here and there. Mirran seemed a lot more confident now. Sure, she was still shy and reserved, but who she was when they first met was klicks away from who she was now.

"Last time we were here, we just had a light meditation." Homra stopped when he finally reached the clearing, turning on his heel. He quickly found a good spot and sat down cross-legged. The bag on his shoulders landed with a gentle thud, and he placed it between his legs and began taking out various parts and components. Emitters, focusing lens, energy cells, pommels, straight and curved hilts - everything needed to construct a lightsaber, Homra bought it all there.

"This time, I want you to go in deeper. There are countless of crystals deep within this cave. I need you to find yours." The Echani patted the ground next to him. "It could be just here or deeper within the tunnels. It would be difficult finding it, and it will be dangerous. However, let the Force guide you and it won't lead you astray."

• Like 1

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran nodded, she took a deep breath and sat cross-legged on the floor of the cavern. The cavern floor was cold. Deep meditation was part of being a Jedi. How deep? How far? She relaxed calmly and let herself go into the meditation. She had been afraid of meditation earlier, but really she was fearful of the memory of her parents whose vision through meditation had told them to give Mirrian up. You are shy and reclusive because you hold onto a memory you had no control over. Truth. Your parents abandoned you to the Jedi all on a whim from the Force itself. Yet, you are not your parents. You are Mirran Kai, you are something unique and special all on your own. Your vision, your sight, is your own. It belongs only to you. Whatever your parents did...they set you on a different path altogether so make it your own. Embrace the Force and let it guide you. 

With that realization met, Mirran's reservations disappeared. She sunk into a meditation that was deeper than she had ever been before. Crystals glowed before her. Her last time here was unbidden and she had sought out a mysterious interior cavern she had read about in the archives, there was a cavern that was nothing but a pure crystal that was an extension of the cave, it was a crystal stalactite and crystals grew all over that primary crystal and water flowed all over it and it sang deeply in the Force. Her last time there they, Char, Magnus, and she had to abandon finding it to the kinrath. Yet as she stretched out her senses forward she saw that cavern clearly now. The crystals in that part of the cave called out to her, they had been forgotten for such a long time. They were alive in the Force and Mirran bent her head in a curious fashion, which crystal? So many called but only one was truly hers, a bright silver-colored crystal, similar in color to Mirran's hair cried out louder than the rest of the cavern. It;'s song within the Force, reminded her of her shy and timid nature. It was as if it was drawn to her. Mirran nodded, she had found her crystal at last. Mirran smiled and said quietly. "I have found it, Knight Homra. It is further in. it grows on a primary crystal and water flows down the crystals. I..." She paused a moment. "I read about the spot actually in the archives, from the journal of a Knight who explored the caves long ago." 

Edited by Mirran Kai
  • Like 1

Homra Azner    92

Homra observed Mirran as she meditated, watching as she let the Force ebb and flow within her.

Her presence within the Force glowed with an inner light, and if Homra were to look at it with his mind's eye - the best he could describe it would be the leaves blowing in the wind from Tython's forest. Gentle and peaceful, seemed like the wind would easily shake it away, but somehow held on strong. Her connection had deepened, further than when the first began. The fact that the Knight wasn't pelting Mirran with rocks did wonders for her concentration. Homra smothered an amused snort at that thought.

He didn't try and keep track of time. They'd take as much time as they need, and there was no rush at all. Well, maybe they might need some time.

"I have found it, Knight Homra. It is further in. it grows on a primary crystal and water flows down the crystals. I..." The Echani's ears perked up in attention, focusing on the soon to be Padawan. Good thing Homra came prepared, fished out a commlink and a torch that the Kinrath avoided, and held both items it towards Mirran. "I read about the spot actually in the archives, from the journal of a Knight who explored the caves long ago." 

"... really?" Homra asked after letting a moment or two pass after Mirran spoke. There was something about what she said that seemed highly suspect, but if no one was hurt, well... It didn't seem to be anything serious. It should be fine then. "I have a torch here that's almost as strong as natural sunlight. Kinrath tend to dislike bright stuff, so this should do you good for now. However, in case you encounter something...."

He pressed a green button bigger than the rest of the set on the comm unit. "This automatically pings me in case you're in danger and need help right away. I'll try to respond as soon as I can. However, I would prefer that you avoid conflict as much as possible, or if necessary - fight with your training saber. You don't necessarily need to kill a Kinrath, but it should buy you enough time to run or get help."

Beaming, Homra continued. "For your next part of this assignment: you'll need to go deeper physically, retrieve the crystal, return here, and then we can begin with the final part of your trials."

Mirran Kai    70

"... really?"

She hadn't really wanted to say anything about her exploits earlier but one does not lie to a Jedi. If pressed she would have admitted to everything that she, Char and Magnus had come to the cave and it was her idea. She had always had a desire towards finding knowledge, it was the scholar within her. 

Homra gave her a few guidelines about what was expected out of her. He handed her a bright torch. She looked at it in her hands, well felt it's cool metal within her hands. It outlines transparent in the Force and  She could probably tune it up even brighter than daylight if she had a mind to do so. It wouldn't blind her since...well...she didn't have eyes to blind her to begin with. She took the comm device so she could contact him. She reiterated his statements. "Find the crystal....avoid the kinrath, do not fight them unless absolutely necessary, and call for help if it's beyond my skill. Yet..." She paused. "I get the feeling that you would prefer that if possible that I should try and figure out a way to do this on my own because it would not be a proper trial of my skills without at least trying to solve this on my own. Yet...if I get too stuck, I will not hesitate to call on your assistance. " 

Mirran managed a light smile. She quietly went on alone deep into the caverns of the caves. It could be easy to get lost in here and find yourself trapped. There were several tunnels within this cave. The kinrath were busy creatures. They burrowed deep, laid eggs, hatched new kinrath and the cycle continued over and over again. It was a cycle of birth, renewal and death. She did as she did last time she gathered the Force around her and sent it outward, helping her basically locate the path she needed to go in the Force. The kinrath were close but there were several paths and several either doubled-back on itself or ended up creating a circular path. Those would be paths created by the kinrath. They were truely hive builders and Mirran wondered idly about the queen of this hive.  She groaned inwardly, she could sense that the queen was in the cave she needed to go. No wonder, the kinrath fought hard when she had tried to go down this path earlier. She couldn't avoid the queen and she couldn't exactly come back to Homra empty handed either. She sighed, this was like a game of Dejarik with Kaybee. She paused and contemplated what she could do to distract the kinrath with her skills in the Force. 

She had the torch that Homra had given her and she had the Force. She remembered her sparing matches she had with Magnus and she remembered she had used the Force to whip up a whirlwind of dirt, dust, and rocks. Homra had told her the last time to pelt the kinrath with rocks. 

Won't that make them mad.... 

Well, of course, that would make them mad but she wasn't planning on pelting the kinrath with rocks, she needed a distraction and she called upon the Force and whipped up dust, dirt, and rocks and sent it in a storm like fashion. The storm followed with her and she shone the torch that Homra had given her. The kinrath scattered away from the dusty rock storm and from the bright light. Mirran found herself in the cave. It was beautiful and nearly took her breath away. A loud hiss filled the air. Mirran crouched, the queen was in this cavern. She could sense the queen. Mirran had yet to activate her training saber. She remembered her lesson with Homra and he had scolded her the last time she had automatically went for her saber. Yet, she doubted the queen would budge from this part of the cavern. This was the queen's domain and it hissed seeming to sense Mirran as much as Mirran could sense the queen. 

Mirran squeezed her Force presence tight, like she had back on Tython, like she had done in the presence of the Flesh Raiders and any other potential threat. There wasn't much difference between an angry kinrath queen and hunger driven Flesh Raiders. She only hoped that squeezing her presence down to nothing would keep the queen at bay. Mirran quietly made it to the crystal pillar and found her crystal. It shone brightly outward to her. Mirran put her hand to the crystal. She whispered softly in the Force. ::I am here...:: 

The crystal responded and as Mirran pulled the crystal gave way and broke away from the main crystal and the crystal was now in her hand. She heard a noise....now what!! She turned around crystal in hand.... 

Spoiler

Force powers used: 

Force Sight

Force Camouflage

Novice Telekinesis 

• Like 1

Homra Azner    92

All alone, Homra let himself sink into meditation and kept an eye on Mirran. Sure she had a comm link and all, but he really wanted to be sure she wouldn't be in too much danger. Granted, danger was a part of almost every Jedi's life, and coddling her or holding back would be more dangerous in the long run.

Through the Force, Homra had a 360 degree vision, could see as clearly as day - as a matter of fact, it was even better than his current sight. Well, considering that his eyesight was physically degrading, it was a lot. He could see plenty of the Kinrath patrolling around the caves, going through and fro as they hunted or kept intruders out.

At the first sign of danger, it took Homra five minutes to convince himself not to stand up and interfere. She could do this, he just needed to trust her capabilities. Getting roughed up was going to be a part of her career, so he should let her get used to it.

It wasn't easy watching her go through a large gathering of Kinrath and then reached a formation so close to the colony's queen - really, they should do a little house cleaning every now and then. Kinrath were kinda important to the system's ecological system, but there seemed to be a great increase in their population - definitely something to be fixed later on.

"Oh crap," Homra muttered, rushing out of his meditation. The last thing he saw was the Queen looking agitated and was starting to sniff around, her legs clicking against the many crystals within the cave. It was starting to get suspiciously close to Mirran, and any closer it would nearly be touching the initiate. Should he go to her? Except, she hadn't really asked for help just yet, not really. And through the Force - oh.

Feeling much like an over-excited youngling, Homra let his purple eyes flutter close again and reached out to the Force for guidance.

Wait.

It seemed to say. It felt like it was at the edge of something - something big. And Homra could only trust in it and stay still, waiting.

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran's Force sight flared up and right in front of her was the kinrath queen. She should have suspected that narrowing her Force presence to nothing would not have made the kinrath not notice....then Mirran realized it was the crystal in her hand. The queen wanted the crystal, her crystal. In terms of warmth and heat, this whole cavern was a comfortable den to a kinrath that probably spent most of its life laying eggs. How sentient were kinrath? They seemed to be sentient enough to know when people were in this cavern. They knew where to attack. They also seemed to congregate around the crystals. Why? There wasn't anything extraordinary about these crystals, except.... that these crystals seemed to soak up the Force, like water soaked up around growing plants. The crystals seemed to resonate and pulse with the Force. The kinrath seemed to bathe in that connection somehow and seemed drawn to it. Were the kinrath sensitive to the Force? Maybe....maybe not. Yet, what made the kinrath seem to draw close to places strong in the Force? If they weren't sensitive to the Force then perhaps the kinrath and the crystals shared a common link they both drew the energy of the Force in and soaked it in passively. Perhaps that was the mystery all along, the kinrath grew red crystals in eggs because like the crystals themselves they soaked in the Force and the kinrath and the crystals were linked in some sort of symbiotic connection. Maybe. It really was hard to say but there was little time to ponder the eternal mysteries of kinrath and crystal caves with a Kinrath queen and her fangs ready to deal death. 

There had to be a way out of this cave, short of summoning Knight Homra to her aid. The queen wanted the crystal that she had taken. Yet there was a whole damn cave of crystals. Yet, the kinrath queen probably could sense if one crystal was out of place or removed. The queen was like a krayt dragon in a story she read or rather a story Kaybee recited to her. Kaybee was such a clever droid, he even managed to mimic character voices. The dragon seemed to congregate in a cave filled with gold, treasures, and stones. It seemed to sense when one piece of gold, one item was taken from its lair. Somehow the hero of the tale had managed to use some sort of talisman or ring to fool the dragon and get out of the cave. But the dragon called the hero, a thief and went rampaging after a nearby town. 

Mirran smiled internally, yea she guessed taking a crystal from this cavern made the queen perceived her as a thief of sorts even though the crystal was technically hers, to begin with. Yet wasn't one crystal just as good as another? She paused in thought, that was an idea. The crystals liked the Force and the kinrath liked the crystals because they liked the Force. Mirran remembered back to when Homra had told her to reach out with the Force to the crystals. She remembered when she first meditated in the Force she had poured her own Force energy into the crystals themselves and they sensed her. Were not the crystals like mirrors? They reflected back her energy and surrounded her. The crystals to most sentients were not alive but in a sense, but because they absorbed the Force they were very much alive to a Jedi and to any being that was sensitive to the ebbs, flows, and currents that flowed within the Force itself. There was a way out of this, a way that Mirran could leave this cave and not have to throw a single training saber blow. Reflect yourself, reflect your sense into the crystals. You did it when you meditated and touched the crystals the first time. Although she doubted she was consciously aware of doing it the first time, but this time she very much was aware of it. She sighed and slowly entered a meditative state and touched the crystals, pouring her energy into the crystals of this chamber cavern. The crystals lit up like glow flies. The queen hissed suddenly confused. It sensed Mirran but Mirran was everywhere, an afterimage of a thousand shards of crystal found in this cavern.  Mirran felt suddenly weary, this type of subterfuge drained her and she felt slightly disoriented. She couldn't keep this up, she just couldn't. She backed away from the chamber and slipped out. She stumbled and almost tripped over her own feet. 

But her worries weren't over and she could feel the hive kinrath trailing and pursuing her. She held up the torch and pushed the button. A bright blinding light went outward. She had to rest. She couldn't go on much further. She just couldn't, her energy level was drained from that little trick with the Kinrath queen in the cavern. The overwhelming desire to rest filled her, but she couldn't rest, she just couldn't because the hive kinrath seemed to recover from the torchlight and were still pursuing her. She sighed, she didn't want to call on Knight Homra but...she had done what he had asked of her. She had traversed the cavern, avoided the kinrath as best as she could, retrieved her crystal, and she hadn't even ignited her training saber.  She didn't want to kill any of the kinrath and so far she hadn't had to rely on killing any of them. Yet, the kinrath didn't want to stop pursuing her and Mirran sighed and pressed the button on the comm unit to ping Homra for help. She tried to muster her own strength against the kinrath and attempted to do as she had done earlier a dust and rock storm but the storm was weak and lacked the strength she had previously. Mirran's heart ended up beating nervously in her chest, she had to wait for Homra to come and the kinrath finally came to her. Mirran finally in her own defense ignited her training saber. 

Edited by Mirran Kai
Perfectionist at work... :P
  • Like 1

Homra Azner    92

Homra nearly flew the moment Mirran pinged him. He easily followed her footsteps, using the Force to boost his speed. The Echani was a blur as he navigated his way through the cave system, bypassing a kinrath or two here and there. He had no time to appreciate or observe the many crystals lining the walls, heart racing as Homra tried to concentrate on using the Force as his eyes.

He could hear the many appendages clicking on the cavern floor, but it sounded like they were all moving through molasses in the Echani's augmented perception. It didn't take long for Homra to put a considerable amount of distance between himself and the advancing Kinrath. It wasn't that hard to follow Mirran's path, but the many twists and turns nearly had his head spinning. The archivist cursed as he skidded to a stop, head spinning a little and his lunch ready to come out the way it came in. Thankfully, he managed to reorient himself and focus.

Even then, Homra was a little winded and fighting off a swarm of Kinrath would land both him and Mirran as insect dinner. The most he could do at the moment was create a diversion, and -

He paused, trying to ignore the intrusive thought of tiny spiders crawling up his arms. The giant insects skittered away from the torch's light, hissing and spitting before crawling back when it disappeared.

There were about a dozen of them, and fighting them off alone would be nothing short of suicidal. The snap-hiss of Mirran's training saber quickly got Homra's attention, and that had him moving into action.

"Hey, you ugly kriffs!" Homra grinned at the Kinrath when they turned to him. He gathered the Force around himself, letting it build as large as he could. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

He wasn't really good at mind tricks, but Homra had an ace of sorts up his sleeve. Fishing out three standard datapads, the Echani threw it at the Kinrath. It didn't really have anything important stored inside it, so he was completely fine with what he did next.

He augmented his perception once more, time slowing down as he watched the three datapads slowly descend in the middle of the insectoid creatures, his heartbeat almost painfully slow as he waited for the devices to end up in the perfect place. It was right around half a dozen of them when Homra mentally grabbed the devices and overloaded it. Electricity surged inside the devices, the batteries leaking out as the circuits overheated, a little tweak there and it was enough to ignite a spark.

One exploding datapad wasn't really much, but three? It was enough to have some of the Kinrath skittering away. With them distracted, Homra took that as his chance to speed towards Mirran, nearly missing her but managing to stop in time. With that, he let his perception fade back to normal. His head felt a little light, but nothing a few deep breaths couldn't fix.

"Need backup?" He smirked as he unclipped both sabers and activated them with a snap hiss. 

Spoiler

Force Powers: Force Speed, Force Sight, Destroy Electronics

okay so mirran, if it's alright, separate some of the paragraphs? I'm sorry it took a while but I had some difficulties reading the post since I have poor eyesight and some astigmatism. It's okay if the post ends up longer, but that will really help a lot. thanks! <3 

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran's hair was askew and her sash that covered her eyes slipped revealing a rather haunting view of a woman that had no eyes at all but an indentation of where eye sockets would have been.  Yet being in the dark of the cave, no one could see such a thing. 

Mirran's used the training saber to hold the kinrath at bay. Her training blade, burned the kinrath that drew too close to her. The kinrath hissed in pain. Mirran flinched, she hated causing pain to any living creature. 

Mirran sensed and felt Homra as his pace stopped in front of her. "Need backup?"

"Knight Homra... thank the Force you are here. I think I have made the kinrath mad. Their queen did not like that I stole a crystal. I did not realize that kinrath were that obsessive over crystals. Most interesting...from an academic standpoint. However, this does not solve the fact that the kinrath want me dead. They are...." She paused. It did seem a bit humorous if it wasn't so...perilous that her life was in danger. A rare joke came from her lips. "Clearly overreacting." 

Mirran was still tired. Her features looked bedraggled aside from the fact that the sash that normally covered the area where eyes would have been had slipped away from her face.  Truthfully at the moment, Mirran could care less about the proprieties that a Miraluka normally had of having a sash that covered the area that normally had eyes. What good was a sash if you ended up dead?

Spoiler

Sorry about the looong paragraph laiden post. Speaking of bad eyes I really need to get new glasses beause my vision suxs big time as well. 

• Like 1

Homra Azner    92
Spoiler

It's alright xD Dividing/cutting paragraphs also helps ya sort out the thoughts/ideas, and it gives breathing space - so to speak. An even mix between short and long paragraphs (and sentences) is a better read. Shorter paragraphs (and sentences) are for impact or quick-paced stuff like action scenes, while long paragraphs should help set up the mood. Usually, longer passages are for things like describing the setting/objects/the atmosphere or providing introspection/character thoughts through their POV.  

"True, that," Homra answered blithely. "I think they might be a little offended offended by the bi-monthly fumigation, or they really - really - like those crystals."

Mirran managed to fend off this many on her own - while impressive - neither would have much time to appreciate it as the Echani could hear more coming. That wasn't good. Homra already had a plan in mind, but it wasn't exactly foolproof. Then again, not all plans were.

"I'm going to push a lot of them back - we attack what we can, then escape. If we stay too long, we'd be overrun for sure." Taking a deep breath, the Knight gathered the Force, brows furrowing in concentration as he let it build up. With a mental push, the Echani let it burst out - pushing half the Kinrath away. It only displaced them for a few feet, but that was enough of an opening for him and Mirran to escape.

"Come on, before they regroup." One of the Kinrath managed to regain its balance, and was starting to crawl back. Before it could, the Knight used the Force and pushed it down on its spot. It struggled to get free, and Homra wasn't really putting much effort into keeping it there so it should be able to break through the hold in less than a minute.

The Echani kept his body low and his blades extended. He only cut through the Kinrath only when it was necessary, but he tried to dodge them as much as he could as he maneuvered them through the Force to make sure none of their claws touched Mirran. It wasn't easy moving around and using the Force at the same time, and Homra was starting to feel light-headed the longer he did this.

Concentration faltering, Homra barely had enough time to react when the Force shrieked in warning. The Echani yelped as a claw struck him hard in the chest, scoring and damaging the chest plate of his armor. The Kinrath hissed as it backed away, keeping at a distance as Homra scrambled back until he hit the damp cavern walls. Fortunately, it didn't reach his skin. Unfortunately, there was some tech integrated with the chest plate, and the circuits underneath the metal were now sparking and smoking.

All his hold on the Kinrath faded as he used all his concentration to remove the clasps of the chest piece through the Force. It fell with a loud clank, along with the back piece and the battery packs they hid. Still smoking, Homra kicked the chest piece by instinct towards a large group of Kinrath. Not bothering to use the Force to augment his perception, the Echani took hold of the armor and used the Force to overload everything - while making sure Mirran was out of the blast range.

The explosion was bigger than the three datapads produced, and Homra's head spun as the bright flash and burning heat almost suffused his entire being. Thankfully, that was enough to have the Kinrath scrabbling away back to their burrows. None of them died, but the bright light and heat was enough to spook them away.

Now alone, Homra could only heave out a sigh of relief as his legs gave out under him. He thankfully had enough awareness not to sit on his ass since he's standing in a shallow puddle. The battery packs were on the ground, and he picked them up dutifully because he certainly didn't want it leaking in the Crystal Caves.

"Well, we better leave before they get back, then." He couldn't remember if he had set the lamps up in the meditation space, but hopefully Mirran would have enough time to construct her lightsaber before the Kinrath dare to venture out again. "You didn't drop your crystal, now did ya?"

• Like 1

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran tried to keep herself going, she was worn out. She kept her training blade's strikes smooth and even. Yet she knew that slashing at the kinrath with a training blade only served to agitate and make them attack her and Homra with a vengeance. Her training robes had slashes in them from Kinrath claws that managed to slash at her. She just barely managed not to get stung. She had heard stories that kinrath poison was not fun. She said softly to Homra. "You know something Knight Homra. I am beginning to dislike arachnids."

The knight said he had a plan and Mirran had no plans to escape this much attention. She simply nodded. She felt Homra push the Kinrath aside and they both made a quick dash away from the kinrath. Mirran's lungs burned, her legs ached, and she was frankly tired. Dejarik. Her mind thought back on the game she had left with Kaybee. Dejarik was the answer to this whole mess. Well, Knight Homra had made his move, he used the sparking of electronics to push the kinrath away. As they retreated from this whole thing, Mirran finally gave out totally. She plopped down her legs sprawled in a haphazard manner and she was breathing heavily. 

"You didn't drop your crystal, now did ya?"

Mirran paused and reached out and touched the crystal with the Force. It lit up like a silvery beacon. Mirran reached with her hands and pulled the crystal from a pouch. "This crystal?" She smiled softly. 

Edited by Mirran Kai

Homra Azner    92

"Oh good, I'd hate that we had to come back for it," Homra beamed. He could already feel the exhaustion settling in his limbs, and the Knight couldn't stop the wince as he looked at the damage his explosions inflicted on her. None of them looked too serious, but he had been as careful as possible not to have caused her to get hurt. Not that he could do anything about it now, except maybe apply some kolto patches to keep the burns from getting infected. "Everything you need is this way."

Homra kept his pace slow and sedate, pausing every now and then to check if Mirran was able to follow properly. He was sure to dodge the many puddles and the uneven patches of ground. He wasn't really injured, but it felt like he was trying to walk underwater. The Echani did what he could to make sure that Mirran didn't notice, his voice cheery and upbeat as he talked. "Man, whoever's handling requisitions will murder me, but that explosions were pretty awesome in my opinion. Uh, sorry about hitting you though. I should have something in the main area? To help."

The last part was spoken in a sheepishly guilty tone as Homra scratched the back of his head in embarrassing realization. It wasn't long when he reached where he dropped their supplies. The Echani plopped down next to the bag and began fishing for kolto patches or a first aid kit. Thankfully, there was a kit and Homra motioned for Mirran to get closer. "Let's tend to your injuries first before you start building your lightsaber."

• Like 1

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran was exhausted. She had not felt the heat of the explosions on her and had been completely oblivious to the heat that singed her silvery hair. Her skin was puckered red with blisters and she felt the heat of the blisters on her. 

"Man, whoever's handling requisitions will murder me, but that explosions were pretty awesome in my opinion. Uh, sorry about hitting you though. I should have something in the main area? To help."

She said softly,  "I am fine...Knight...Homra." He seemed to be fussing over her but frankly, Mirran was too weary to feel much of anything, be it pain or even.....she cringed as she stepped into a wet soggy puddle. Her whole orientation was off.  She did not even sense the water of the cave. She needed to rest. 

Mirran wasn't really into the conversation or was paying attention to Knight Homra that much. She felt like she wasn't really walking but she was, she simply walked because her body told her to walk and told her to go forward. It was enough for one foot to take a step and then the other foot taking another step.  When Knight Homra came to a stop she did as well and bid her to sit and have him tend to her relatively minor injuries which she was so exhausted she did not even realize she had.  She willed her whole mind and everything about her to be still and quiet and she drew herself into the Force using it to help recover from her expedition into the cave itself. At the moment, lightsaber building was the furthest thing on her mind. She just wanted to recover her sense of self and wellbeing before she even attempted to create her lightsaber. So while Homra tended to her injuries, Mirran was completely tuned out and recovering her strength. 

• Like 1

Homra Azner    92

"Alright, this should be good." Homra gave Mirran a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder before slumping back in relief. He wasn't injured really - just exhausted, but using a stim shot seemed wasteful at the moment. He could meditate or stand guard. Either way, they can't leave just yet until Mirran was finished with her task.

The caves was the perfect place to build one and it was quite the opportunity. Once Mirran found herself a master, she'd most likely be busy most of the time on missions or training.

The crystal she found was as silvery as her hair - and rather large. A quick brush on the Force let the Echani know how drawn it was to Mirran, that there was definitely a great compatibility between the two. Homra could hazard a guess that the end product would probably reflect the initiate's shy and withdrawn nature, despite the enormous crystal in her hands.

"Rest up a bit - I have some rations and other things for survival here." Homra crossed his legs and assumed a meditative pose. "You can start on building your lightsaber at anytime you want."

Spoiler

Sorry if it's short, but yeah once the lightsaber's done - it's promotion time aaay. :'D

Mirran Kai    70

Mirran was quiet and she took a few sips of water from a canteen. She said nothing to Homra choosing rather the option to quiet her own spirit and to gather her thoughts. This was it...the step from one part of her life to the next. She would no longer be Initiate Mirran Kai but Padawan Mirran Kai. The Mirraluka quietly dug around in her pack and found another band she quietly folded it up and placed it over the indentations of where eyes would be. She calmly tied the band in the back. She looked at the items around her that she needed to build her lightsaber. She set her crystal alongside them. She fingered the crystal at first and touched it with her own Force aura. It responded in its own quiet tranquil manner and glowed with a pure inner light. 

Mirran gave a long deep sigh and shifted the pieces together with the Force: The power cell, the emitter matrix, and the lens, along with the crystal slowly came together. Four essential components but altogether as one, no that wasn't correct. There were five essential components. She was the fifth one. Lightsaber and Jedi were both one.  A training saber was not as complex as a full lightsaber. Training sabers did not have as deep of a connection as one constructed by a Jedi. Well, that was an obvious thing because an initiate was simply given a training saber, they did not construct them. Slowly the pieces came together and slowly the Force flooded into all of them including her. 

The lightsaber slowly came to her hand and she ignited it. It's glowing silvery light filled the cave. She took a few passes in the air with the blade to test its own balance and her focus with the blade. She then extinguished the blade and carefully hooked it onto the belt of her robes.