Aiden Rohl    6

The feeling of the dark side rushing beneath his boots was a euphoric feeling alone. Submersed in what he had known most of his life, coming to Dathomir was an astounding feeling. If not for the barrier that kept them all safe from prying eyes. 

Lord Verrin was correct in describing the feeling- blind to the outside, but unfortunate we could not see out. It was like having waterlogged ears. Everything muffled and muted. He would have to venture out soon enough to avoid losing his sanity. Aiden spent far too much time already with his head buried to avoid detection, at the very least it was soothing to walk around the academy with his head held high. 

Even with the suffocating feeling around him, Aiden found time to make himself comfortable. Making a small quarter for himself to attend to his own devices. 

This was where he was headed now, until he found a more suitable location for himself, he would have his minimal and basic training here. Though he was no Darth or Kaar, there were things he was capable of teaching and taking off the hands of the others who took charge here. Being a mere master, he would do mundane tasks to get by and grow as he went. Part of those mundane tasks would include teaching the new blood that flowed into the academy, as well as he could teach them.

Finally reaching his quarters, he pushed the large door open and left it as such, moving to his desk to double check the names he would be summoning. 

"Hk." The droid whirred to attention at the sound of his voice, being mildly squished behind the opened door. "Retrieve for me @Kai Tsintah and @Yasinda Jax. And for Kriff's sake be timely about it you hear me?"

"Affirmative: Yes Master Rohl, I will return shortly." The droid hobbled his way around the door and left, the clanking of his steps echoing on the stone. 

"I bet you will." Aiden rolled his eyes, assuming the blasted droid would get lost. Wouldn't be the first time. But it would give him time to prepare for his guests. Turning to the fresher in the corner, he took to a quick trim of his beard to show off the scar that ran along his cheek and down to his burgundy and black robes. Whithout shaving it all off, he still was able to keep a little bit of the rugged hard look he had acquired over the years. A brush to his fluffly brown hair did no good except to make it even more poofy than before, so instead he ran a little bit of water over it to make it tame.

Leaving the fresher once more, he was for once glad the droid took his sweet time. As it was he did need to clean his desk, or at least make it presentable. Aiden had only been here a week and he had already accumulated what looked like to others, heaps of metal and electronic garbage. What it really was though, was several disassembled parts of multiple devices from light foil hilts to blasters to even a hacking device that he had yet to figure out. The mess was a puzzle even to himself, as he took them apart all at once and did not separate the mess. But that was part of the fun in putting it back together. Perhaps later he would disassemble some land mines and have the young ones try to put them back together without losing their fingers. It would help him learn to not make the same mistakes without the consequence. But that was for another day probably. 

He did his best to somewhat make the mess look like there was some order to it before giving up, if he moved too much they would be a lost cause for him. Instead he moved to his neatly made cot and folded it into the wall to appear like the room was more of an office than a residence. Satisfied for the time being, as he would still have to wait for proper facilities to do this sort of thing again, he sank into his desk chair and began fiddling with what he assumed was the remains of one of the light foils while he waited for his company. 

Spoiler

HK is a pretty beaten up Hk-47 model, repainted grey, and not really the best functioning droid. Thus his assassin programming has been disabled and he was refitted with a temporary protocol programming, which also doesn't work well. But you guys feel free to mod him to retrieve you!

• Like 1

Yasinda Jax    5

Yasinda was at the shooting range, it wouldn't do her any good to get loose in the few skills she could offer to the Empire. She fired each shot, hand slightly relaxed, just enough for the recoil to hit back, but not enough for it to fly loose. Click. She reloads without removing her gaze from down range, one fluid motion, dropping the empty clip and replacing it with her non-dominant hand with ease. The motion is practiced, refined, 'muscle memory' doesn't even give the motion justice, she's a machine. She keeps shooting, making certain her posture is relaxed, it's the most relaxed she's looked since she's arrived here. But there is a slight tension in her mouth...her mind is not relaxed, she's bored.

"Boredom is dangerous for you, isn't it, Jax?" Her mind is beginning to wander and she pauses for a brief moment as the clip is empty once more. The slightest bit of hesitation, she surveys the range, looking for someone. Not seeing anyone she replaces the clip again, that same fluid motion. "Steady hands, even when you were a rook. I was always surprised you had steady hands, Jax, but you're the type I'd like to have at my side rather than some trigger-happy dog." Her shot goes terribly off, hitting the back wall for a moment, making her cringe.

The droid touches her, she turns sharply and fires instinctively at being disturbed. If the droid didn't have such quick reflexes she'd probably have blown his head off, instead there's a small mark on the ground as the droid looks rather annoyed at her. Yasinda removes her ear plugs.

"You startled me," she doesn't offer an apology, as she places the gun down carefully.

"My Master wishes to speak with you, Private Ya-," the droid doesn't apologize either, it has a hint of annoyance.

"Jax," she corrects sternly, she gives her full attention to the droid, "Who is your Master?"

"And what would be the fun in telling- WHOA-" the droid puts up his hands as Yasinda grabs her pistol and points it at the droid, glaring. "It's Master Rohl!"

Yasinda pulls the trigger. Click. She fastens it, and grabs a full clip, putting it in a seperate pocket of her pants. She walks around the droid and heads to Rohl's office. She knocks and waits to be granted, entering she gives a sharp salute, unable to break old habits. "Jax reporting, sir."

• Like 1

Kai Tsintah    21

Kai was on her way to the library as usual, having just crossed the first steps from her chamber into the hallway that would guide her next steps toward her favorite quiet place. It was of some great surprise then, when a rather decrepit looking, gray robot came to intercept her in the hallway with a stranger in tow. The stranger, by all outward indications a green-skinned female, remained mute and seemingly indifferent to Kai's presence. This suited Kai just fine, as she was not very talkative in the mornings, anyway.

Whatever introductions that should have been made at this time, could very well be attended to, later.

In the meantime, the artificial life form relayed his instructions to Kai, which came from an unnamed 'Master'. The Korun was to join the droid immediately and follow to a designated place of meeting. As she had no other appointment planned that day, Kai nodded curtly, indicating she was ready to follow HK-47. Without exchanging another word, the droid pivoted on its mechanical joint and strode in the opposite direction, Kai and the unknown stranger following. 

A few minutes later, they would arrive in front of an opened door to a domicile which appeared (at least upon first glance), to be much more spacious than her own, Kai thought. It must have belonged to a person of special significance, then, she surmised, dual-colored gaze scanning the room for occupants.

It found one, a human male appearing to be in his late 20s or early 30s, but by all accounts handsome and focused. Kai's gaze traced a path from the man's features down to his hands, which busied themselves fiddling with some kind of a hilt, likely of a melee weapon or some other combative, hand-held device. Without saying a word, she stepped inside the domicile and took a knee, bowing her head in anticipation of an acknowledgment or a greeting. 

• Like 1

Aiden Rohl    6

"Jax reporting, sir."

'Ah a stiff, lovely.' Aiden thought with snark, smirking at the woman who entered first before returning for a moment back to his fiddling, awaiting the other initiate. He didn't have to wait long, and for that he was glad. The parts weren't fitting correctly yet, and his irritation was beginning to get the best of him. 

"You're both here, good." He stood from his seat, lightly brushing out any wrinkles in his robes before facing the two young women. His face was now stoic, down to business and all for him. "Rise Tsintah, I am not the emperor, or Sith'ari."

"Jax, Tsintah. I am Master Rohl. You will address me as such whatever your goals or positions here are. For you Jax, I am only doing a quick evaluation of your skills and behavior before contacting Darth Tanit. She's more up your alley. Tsintah, as you could assume you and I have more in common in terms of talents and skills. And you will most likely be seeing more of me later." Aiden folded his hands behind his back and sighed. "Forgive the unprofessional location, as I have not secured an office yet. It is part of why my time is short and why I summoned you both at the same time."

Taking a step forward, his bright eyes landed on Jax first. "You, get the pleasure of trying to repair the blaster pistol and lightfoil hilt there on my desk. They may not even look like those items, and there may or may not be several other parts laying around, but we'll see how far you can get." 

Aiden turned to his desk a moment to take a datapad out of a drawer, and moved to Tsintah's side to hand it to her. "You, will study the sith code, and after will select one of the core abilities for me to give you to study." He glanced between the two women, his face hard and unreadable. "This is more than just doing as your told, ask questions, feed from each other and myself. No one learns alone. Proceed."

Spoiler

Yasinda, feel free to manipulate the items your fixing as you see fit, Aiden will be learning the repairs along side you. Kai, of the core abilities that are available, Aiden knows Force dash, force jump and Force sense. Should you choose any of those to learn he'll have more to teach you, anything else he will be learning along side you. Your decision. 

There will be more than just a quick study session too guys. ;)

• Like 1

Kai Tsintah    21

"Your words, my will, Master Rohl."

Watching Aiden shift his attention to one of his desk drawers, Kai rose from her submissive position and stood at her full height, dual-colored gaze transfixed onto the top of Rohl's desk. She did not want him to see her tracing his every move; it was as unnecessary as it was rude. Kai Tsintah was not paranoid; Kai Tsintah was here to learn.

Apparently, Aiden Rohl agreed with her. Moving around to her side, the man handed her a datapad which she readily accepted with a small, graceful dip of her chin. 

"Thank you, Master Rohl. I will study the Sith code and select one of the core abilities for you to have me learn."

Earnest in her reply, Kai began pondering exactly what Aiden meant by 'feeding from each other'. Her task was completely unrelated to that of the green-skinned female called Jax. Was this some sort of a test? Kai would have to ponder this very thought at a later time; deciding to simply focus on the directive as it was given to her only moments ago.

Sliding her thumb across the activation switch, she brought the datapad online, then quickly maneuvered through a series of folders and subfolders to find the entry titled "The Sith Code". Double-clicking the icon she entered the file without hesitation and began to read every line in silence, committing it to memory as if it was her very purpose of being alive:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Kai read the words over, and over.... and over again. She wanted them to be ingrained in her mind, her heart, her soul. To be fair, they were only encompassed by six lines and would not be difficult to memorize. Their meaning, on the other hand, was quite a different story. Thankfully, Master Rohl did not ask Kai to write a thesis that would do just that. Looking up to the man, the Korun seemed set on the 'core' task Aiden asked her to consider. Indeed, her mind was made up. It was time to give voice to thought.

"I would learn all about the power of Restoration."

Oh, there was no doubt about it: there was little point in learning anything else if one did not possess the ability to keep one alive. Blue-brown gaze settled upon the Sith master with unflinching calm; Kai's mind was made up, and all that remained now was for her instructor to acknowledge her singular, if not entirely logical, choice.

Yasinda Jax    5

She stands stiffly at attention, eyes forward and hardly blinking as he speaks. When given orders to do her task, she finally relaxes and looks at what's displayed on his desk for her to begin working with.

Yasinda knows a pistol inside and out, it's familiar to her. She first picks the pieces from the 'lightfoil' carefully, basically any piece she doesn't recognize she slides to the side of the desk as she carefully begins assembling the outer workings of a pistol rather quickly and easily. Why is this place so messy? Who can think with all of this junk. Her mouth twitches in irritation as she seems to momentarily distract her own self from the mess,  she sets down the incomplete pistol and begins moving around the room. At first it merely looks like she's cleaning, but as she pulls out a few screws and springs from the mess that she's also cleaning and organizing, she reveals that she was actually looking for what she needed.

Finishing with the pistol by the time that Kai announces what she wishes to learn, she snaps a cartridge into place and offers it to Master Rohl for inspection, barrel facing Yasinda with confidence. Once he takes it she looks at the pieces, sliding them gently on the desk, seeming to try and make a blue print of what this lightfoil is supposed to look like...she looks around the room quietly and then spots Kai's vibroblade. Without even thinking she approaches her and goes to take it.

• Like 1

Kai Tsintah    21

As pensive as Kai had been while studying the Sith Code, she was by no means oblivious to all things going on around her. In truth, the few lines of writing were ingrained in her mind the third time she read them over, leaving the Korun to ponder their meaning while secretly observing the goings on in the office.

The Mirialan got caught in Kai's peripheral vision as the Korun turned in tandem with the snap of cartridge executed a moment earlier. The sound, being somewhat loud and distinctive, diverted her attention to its source. Up to this point, Kai did not know what to make of this green-skinned female, not that it was in any way significant to her purpose of being here. Now, to her surprise, Kai saw the female approach her and reach for the bladed knife sitting in a leather sheath mounted upon her utility belt. Her gloved hand slid to grasp the handle of the weapon before the stranger's fingertips had the chance to make contact.

Still, Kai said not a word, although her eyebrows rose slightly, indicating acknowledgment and perhaps even, meager curiosity.