Sign in to follow this  
Kai Tsintah

Application: Kai Tsintah- Approved

Kai Tsintah    47
  • Welcome to Star Wars: Fates! How did you find us? Were you recommended? If so, by whom?

I was browsing in dA, looking through a throng of pictures of Mandalorian art. One of the pictures led me to a user profile which had a link to the site in his bio, and so here I am.

• Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from? How old are you? Do you have any prior experience with fanfiction or roleplaying in general?

I am Canadian and old (33). I've role played in the past, on and off between 2008 and 2017. It's a long span but my interest kept changing from ST, to SW, to Firefly, etc.

• Have you ever been a part of a roleplaying community or guild in the past? If so, which ones?

Yeah, Star Wars Chaos,  and Outpost10F. In SWTOR, I was a member of Jen'Jidai (imperial side guild).

• What is the most important thing for you to get out of your experience here? Exciting stories with interesting characters? Good friends? A sense of belonging?

Year 2018 is a year of writing more, at least that was one of my New Year's resolutions that I intend to keep. So interesting characters, definitely. If I manage to make good friends here on top of that, it's icing on the cake.

• Do you know what a Mary/Gary Stu is? Metagaming? God Modding? Provide a quick definition of each, because all of the aforementioned are against the rules, will you or you character have trouble conforming to this?

A Mary Sue/Gary Stu is a character that has a wealth of awesome traits or special powers. They often demand to be the center of attention in whatever form it takes (action, appearances, personality screams 'look at me!') He or she is absurdly skilled in just about anything and everything while lacking plausible weaknesses or flaws. Metagaming is using real life information (knowledge) to affect the state of character's thoughts and deeds in role-play. God modding is role playing to overpower. It can be a character knowing something they shouldn't or a player taking control of another player's character (without their express permission). It can also be depicting a character that is in some way invincible and has no inherent weaknesses of any kind.

• How much time will you be willing to commit to the community? Do you forsee your schedule getting in the way of things?

I work a late afternoon shift, so my prime free time is going to be noon to 3 PM, EST. Sunday and Monday I have off, so can be available throughout the day.

• Can you give us a quick run down of the biography and character you hope to RP on this site? A quick idea of a biography, type of character they are, and whether they might be aligned with the Sith Remnant, or the Unified Jedi Order.

I am actually divided on this issue. I was either thinking of role playing a Force sensitive Mandalorian (if allowed on this site) or a SIth-aligned dark side Initiate.  

• Do you have any lingering questions or concerns? A member of our staff will be happy to answer anything that comes to mind.

I'm wondering if there are any races that are disallowed here? If it was mentioned somewhere I must have missed it.

• Would you like to provide any closing comments on your application? On behalf of the staff of Star Wars: Fates and the entire community, we wish you luck and may the Force Be With You!

Thanks.

Character Application

Now we've gotten to know you, help us get to know your character! If you are already a member of this site, you can ignore the first half, and simply apply with this character information.

Name: Kai Tsintah
Species: Korun

Date of Birth: 3610 BBY

Appearance: Standing at about 1.75 meters, Kai has brown skin and brown-blue eyes, and black hair. She has a lean build and weighs around 65 kilos. Her hair is long, flowing past her shoulders and worn loose in casual surroundings (otherwise kept pinned up into a ponytail). She has no visible scars or tattoos on her body and has no implants or cybernetics. Her one distinctive feature is heterochromia iridum, or having two differently colored eyes (one is blue, the other brown).

Possessions: Typically wears double layered, close-fitting robes and long sleeved shirts in earth tones or just plain black. In addition to hiking boots and a warm hooded cloak, she also adorns her waist with a utility belt that features a heavy blaster pistol on one hip, and a vibroblade on the other. In her backpack, you can find typical survival gear such as thermal blanket, binoculars, compass, weekly field rations, a handful of kolto packs, and a glowrod. Her transport off-world consists of an XS Freighter which she inherited upon her father's passing. OPTIONAL: She will occasionally wield a pike or a quarterstaff in combat.

Personality: 

Cautious to a fault, she picks her friends most carefully due to being slow to trust others. Though she may appear remote and self-possessed, Kai is a brave and passionate in both thought and action. Although mostly respectful of others, she is known for having a sharp tongue and offering occasional sarcastic remarks to those who test her patience.  Overall, she is direct, confident, and able to notice inefficiencies upon first glance. Enjoys expanding her knowledge and sharing it with others, specifically those who had inspired or earned her trust. Alas, she can also be far too argumentative. She rarely takes other people's feelings into account, often including her own. Her assertiveness can and will often come across as too aggressive or arrogant, while appearing too defensive causes others to view her as contemptible and inspires them to steer clear of her company.

Skills, Abilities and Talents: Following in her family's tradition, she is great at gambling (her father won their ship in a Sabacc game). A fair pilot as she is a markswoman, she can hold her own in a firefight. She enjoys space travel and seems to be addicted to motion, never staying in one place for too long. She has some skill with the blade and has been taught basic two-handed melee weapon skills (by her father who considered self-defense a priority for his only daughter). Her father has also taught her sleight of hand, and now to smooth talk and charm her way out of tough situations, if needed. Her 'natural' charm and persuasion abilities may actually be attributed to her latent Force talents, although that is yet to be confirmed by someone who knows how. 

Biography: Kai was an only child. Her mother died when she was very young, having fallen prey to a herd of hungry vine cats while attempting to find her way back to the family settlement with some game meat (and family akk dog, Gru). Kai was raised by her father who did not want to stay on their home world of Haruun Kal after his wife's demise. Everything there reminded him of her, so he took his child and booked passage on a smuggler ship heading for the Outer Rim. Having come to the large ecumenopolis known as Nar Shaddaa or 'Smugglers Moon', Kai's father decided to start his life all over again. He seemed to be quite decent at gambling, specifically card games. Soon enough, he was able to win enough to get a small apartment in the unsavory section known as the Undercity. Kai grew up among displaced Evocii, petty thieves and other unsavory criminal element. To that end, her father would teach her the basics of survival, which included both basic self-defense and self-preservation techniques. 

As she progressed into her teenage years, Kai noticed she could sometimes 'read' or guess her father's thoughts without him saying a word. Later on, she would simply think of herself as being extra insightful. As she matured into a young adult, she would start to demonstrate the ability to overpower her father with the sheer will of her suggestion, persuading him to raise her monthly allowance or allow her to visit a seedy part of town, alone. The old man would simply chalk it up to being a part of her charm, but Kai began to think otherwise. She would work this 'charm' and use it to her full advantage, wherever and whenever possible. As she got older, too, she grew to be more and more disciplined. She could focus on a task for hours, working on it until she saw it reach the desired stage. She would not be deterred or disrupted. Some innate, latent talent or entity seemed to want to crawl its way out, or all over her. Kai did not care, as it helped her achiever her goals in a timely and efficient manner. 

When Kai was sixteen, her father won a ship in a lucky game of Sabacc which he also taught her, among others. They celebrated the win in the most 'posh' club in the Undercity, but Rial (her father) had too much to drink. Insulting one of the Rodian patrons led to a knife fight which left Kai's father bleeding on the club's floor. She was now an orphan with no family and no future. All she had, was a ship and an empty apartment with few necessities inside. As inhospitable as her homeworld had been, this one had proven even worse. It seemed the more people a planet had, the more dangerous it was. Even worse, Kai felt very guilty for not being able to save her father (she was in the refresher, feeling ill from the after effects of alcohol,  when the fight broke out). Nar Shaddaa may have held promise for them before, but it was only a grave site to her now. Packing up her things, Kai headed to an established pawn shop in the Undercity and traded some of her father's tools and other 'junk' he had accumulated over the years (that she would find of no use for herself), for a Pilot Droid (approval pending). 

Once she head cleared out of the apartment and her father's remains had been cremated, the young woman would head out to the hangar bay where the XS Freighter was kept, and boarded the vessel with the pilot droid in tow. She would not leave the planet that night, or the next, taking some time to contemplate her next move and making sure that the ship was in working order. She was old, this freighter, but she seemed to be in a decent shape, at least according to the droid. After some deliberation, Kai decided to stay in the Outer Rim. There was no purpose in her returning home, but neither did she want to stick around on a planet overran by scum and villainy. There had to be a place somewhere away from Hutt Space, where there were far less unsavory people to deal with. At the very least, she would want to hone her fighting skills somewhere, so she could offer payback to those who took her father's life or those like them. Her heart overflowed with anger and regret, and a secret need that yearned to be sated.

Three days later, her mind was finally made up. She would go somewhere remote, somewhere where she could gather her thoughts and contemplate her future. It was impossible for her to gather her thoughts on Nar Shaddaa, where she felt only rage and anguish. Somewhere neutral is where she needed to be. As the freighter left both the starport and the Smugglers Moon behind, Kai set course for the obscure Dathomir system in the Quelli sector.  As she had learned in the past, there were far worse places to be, and Dathomir could not be any worse than Nar Shadda. At least now all she had to lose was herself and her ship. Droids were a dime a dozen and common enough. From that point on, she would embark on a new path in life and hopefully, a new future. 

Landing on Dathomir was uneventful but the next several weeks certainly turned out to be nothing but. Having narrowly escaped becoming rancor dinner, she would eventually find a secluded spot in the highlands, where it was still bearable enough to build a house on solid ground. It would be a crude hut, made of wood and stone. There she would stay for the time being, exploring her surroundings and hunting unwary trespassers with guile and zeal. As for her feelings, Kai let her feelings run free and unchecked on Dathomir. She seemed alone here and saw no need to hide her true emotions.  Amplified by the dark side of the Force that engulfed the planet, they would ripple and intensify, not allowing her any rest. Not even in her sleep. Dreams of retribution haunted her as she thought of that moment where she would return to Nar Shaddaa to exact her revenge. Until then, she would hone her skills as much as she could, and whatever this eerie feeling was, that permeated this whole planet? She would give herself up to it, entirely. It would make her faster, stronger, more agile, more perceptive. Kai could feel that now, with every life she took, every intricate kill she had devised, every square foot of territory she would get to know intimately. As her confidence grew, her hatred blossomed. Blossomed in the dark side of the Force. Seen to the eyes she could not see. Perceived by those whose presence the Korun had been blind to, all this time.

One evening, while tracking what she thought was a trail marked by a herd of a very rare rage rancors, she was suddenly overwhelmed by an uneasy aura of dread and foreboding. It was far darker and more intense than what she had ever felt on this planet before and it caused her to fall back, looking for a way to hide or escape whatever was coming. But it seemed that evasion was pointless, as the presence would follow her wherever she went. Deciding to stand her ground, Kai called upon the dark power of Dathomir, demanding to face whatever was out there so it would come to face her instead of hiding in the shadows. Unknown to her, she was being scouted by recruiters of a Sith Academy, located somewhere on this very planet. Apprehensive and suspicious, Kai would only be swayed by the temptation of acquiring greater knowledge and by doing so, power. All of this was contingent upon her successful passing of numerous tests and trials, which only peaked her curiosity. Once challenged, she never backed down. Offering the recruiter her (reluctant) agreement, she would take this chance and make the best of it, whatever the cost. As such, a new, uncertain chapter of her life was about to begin.

Character Skills and Abilities:

Melee Combat:
Intermediate Blade Weapon
Throwing Proficiency

Ranged Combat:
Intermediate Blaster Pistol

Piloting:
Personal Starship Proficiency
Novice Vehicular Combat

Medical:
Novice Biochem
Novice Biosurge

Stealth and Survival:
Novice Stealth
Novice Survival

Force Powers:
Corruption I
Force Persuasion

Force Push
Force Sense
Telepathy

Final Notes: Asking for a simple Pilot Droid to help with the piloting and maintenance of the ship she owns, preferably an astromech if possible: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T7-O1.

Edited by Varia Octarian
approved

Varia Octarian    113

Everything seems to be in order!

Your membership and character have been

APPROVED

Please familiarize yourself with all of the Community Rules. I also recommend you review the How To Start Creating Your Character guide. Your next stop will be to post your biography in the Biography section - in your case, in the Sith Remnant Biographies. Once you've done that - you can begin exploring the forums of the Dathomir Academy, this is where you will be tested in character to prove yourself worthy of becoming a fully fledged member of the Sith Remnant. I encourage you to start up an RP within the forum - and Instructor will be with you shortly to give you your first task.

Outside of Academy, you are welcome to post in The Cantina, or the other General Forums. We also encourage you to join us on our Discord Chat. Let us know who you are, and we will give you the right permissions.

Once again, congratulations on being accepted! I look forward to roleplaying with you in the future and on behalf of the entire Staff Team of Star Wars: Fates, thank you for choosing to join us for all your RP needs. 

• Like 1