Kale Sarkan

Little activity is not bad for anyone.

Kale Sarkan    5

It had been a while now since he arrived to Dantooine from Coruscant and Kale soon found out that the place was quite boring compared to the city planet. There wasn´t a lot to do outside the enclave and, being the active young man he was, that didn´t suit him well enough, so he was most likely focusing on his training, work out and other physical stuff to try and at least keep his body working and burn some adrenaline. He wished he knew more people there to hang out with there, but for now that was the only thing he could occupy himself with.

He stepped into one of the training rooms in the enclave, and took off the top part of his robes, dressing only with a sleeveless T-Shirt he was wearing underneath. IT was always very hot in those rooms and he didn´t want to wash his robes again.

He pushed a few buttons in the control panel to activate three training balls, or robots. He didn´t know the exact name but he liked to call hem the training balls. They were devices with sphere form, which floated in the air and had various holes in their structure, where they shoot low power lasers from.

He cracked his neck then and stretched a little, to make sure his muscles were not going to get damaged from the exercise and took his training lightsaber form his belt just before activating it, making the laser blade come to life with a sparkling green color. He twisted it in his hand and the weapon made it´s signature noise before Kale took the Sii-Cho stance, ready to try and deflect everything the training balls threw at him, he started moving smoothly, trying to connect with the force around him to guide his actions.

Magnus was walking around in the enclave with an annoyed expression plastered on his face, searching for a training room within the building but being undeniably lost. He had been searching for about half an hour already and had only managed to find the toilets. Twice. During his endeavours, he had questioned time and time again where the signs where because are far as he was concerned, there were none.

How hard is it to place an arrow down or something that tells you where everything is!!?? He thought, in a somewhat annoyed tone. Before he walked down another corridor that he wasn’t too sure if he had walked down it before or not, he heard the ever memorable sound of a training lightsaber activating within a room close to him. Being curious, Magnus walked to the door and entered the room.

He soon realised that he entered a training room which he was thankful for since he didn’t have to continue to look for one anymore, but what really caught his attention was that there was another initiate in the room already, a saber in his hands and a couple training remotes surrounding him.

Hmm, looks like he training to deflect blaster fire and from the look of his form he using Sii-Cho. A basic form, not exactly suited for this though. He thought to himself as he judged the situation. Maybe he would like someone to train with and who knows, I may get a new friend.

‘You know,’ Magnus started with a friendly voice and a smile. ‘Form I isn’t exactly suited for blaster fire deflection, let alone blade to blade work.’

Mirran Kai    71

Mirran sought out the company of others. She was feeling a bit lonely, Kaybee was going through a maintenance check and Mirran missed the company of others, even the droid was a good way to meet others.  Mirran heard the sound of a lightsaber being ignited and Mirran decided to check out what was going on. Although, Mirran's skill was not very strong in lightsaber combat. Her masters had to beg her to practice, beg her to use her combat skills in training. It wasn't as if Mirran didn't know combat. It's just that Mirran didn't like it, It felt well unnatural to her. More so because Mirran was more of a diplomatic sort rather than a fighter or a warrior of any kind. Yet, Mirran still remembered her first moments with Knight Homra and the Crystal Caves. She knew her skill in the lightsaber had to be improved. A Jedi must be skilled in defense and defense is paramount to any Jedi. 

She licked her lips as she came upon Magnus and Kale. "I prefer Niman or Ataru myself. But all lightsaber forms have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefer the steadiness of Niman but I know Ataru as well for quickness on my feet and acrobatic flair. My race is known for such as we react very quickly on our feet." 

Kale Sarkan    5

Even if it was a basic form it actually helped him in combat… Not that he had experienced a lot of real life fights but he didn´t do bad in the lightsaber duels. Of course he had mainly focused his efforts in building up his physical form because once he learned what kind of combat forms were there he decided he would go for Sjem-so, he probably would learn shien-so as well since they both were very close but he preferred the one built for blade against blade combat.

But he actually could make himself proficient with the basic form while he worked on the other one, he had just started deflecting the bolts at high speed when a guy came into the room and made a comment about his fighting. He dodged the last blasts and used the remote to turn the balls off, then he took a towel and wiped the sweat away from his face and shoulders “Well, yeah, I know” he explained “I am actually working on improving on another form, but…”

A second guest then interrupted them, and this one Kale knew. He smiled at the Miraluka girl when she entered the training room and gave her opinion about the lightsaber combat forms. He nodded “Yeah, as I was saying, I just mastered this one while I built my body and worked out enough to be able and use the fifth form expertly, they say it is best for physically strong Jedi to use it” he explained “I started recently but until I was able to do it I just stayed with the basic form, I didn´t want to start mastering a second form and the switch… I am not about defense too much and I don´t like the acrobatics or like the… I dunno… Steady form of attack the second form has.”

He then looked at Mirran again “It´s nice to see you again… Mirran, was it?” then offered his hand to Magnus “Nice to meet you, the name is Kale Sarkan”

When Mirran first spoke, Magnus turned around in slight surprise. Man, I didn’t hear her come in. Note to self, work on my senses more. He quickly thought to himself.

‘Hey Mirran, how have you been doing?’ Magnus said to his Miraluka friend with a warm smile. He turned to the other boy in the room and reached out to shack his hand firmly. ‘The names Magnus Koaldor fellow Jedi initiate and jokester hehe. Unfortunately I don’t have anything else to go with my name so got to made do for now.’

‘Now Kale, back on topic, I would have to partially agree with Mirran on Ataru for my preference but I do dabble in Soresu to help with conserving energy but hey, that’s just my opinion, everyone’s different. If everyone was the same then everything would be so boring.’ He continued to say when a question popped into his mind.

‘So what version do you want to use in form V? Shien or Djem So? Although it would seem likely that you would go with the second option, you and your big muscles.’ He said as he jokingly flex his own arms with a slight cheeky smile.

Mirran Kai    71

Mirran smiled at Magnus' voice. She liked the initiate and he was a good friend. She didn't know Kale all that well, sure she knew him from Coruscant but they were so dissimilar in personality and background that the initiate and she might as well have been strangers. She shrugged at his comments. 

"I am more of a scholar and will probably follow in my parent's footsteps. They are diplomats and Niman is more of a scholarly diplomatic form. Atrau is only because a lot of Miraluka Jedi I have known also practice Ataru. However, Ataru also relies on some physical prowess as you must be in shape to perform the acrobatics.  Yet, I could use some practice in Form I as it is the basis of all the other forms. " 

Mirran sighed, "Shii-cho  is something I learned a long time ago...but I never really thought it was that great a form. Course I was proven wrong about that later on. So I do need to work on this basic  form." 

Edited by Mirran Kai

Kale Sarkan    5

He made a smirk as well when Magnus introduced himself “I have a feeling we might get along, Magnus” he just said, but when Mirran asked about to the conversation switched to the lightsaber combat style.

He rubbed his chin and explained what was his choice and why he made it, and then nodded at Magnus “Indeed, everyone is different. I mean, I wish to focus on saber to saber combat and due to my physical form and that I actually like a more… Let´s say direct approach while in battle, I chose the fifth form. Even though I see the benefits of Soresu and Ataru, it might make the fight too long for my likings.”

He sighed and looked at his now not ignited sword “And yes, I do wish to master Djem so, even though I will try and at least pick the basics of Shien so I can be proficient on deflecting blaster fire, you never know when it can come in handy, specially these days, right?”

He then listened to Mirran and raised an eyebrown, she had spoken about her parents a lot “Excuse me if I ask, you don´t need to answer if you don´t want to but… Is being a diplomatic what you really want? I mean it would make sense, you really seem like someone who doesn´t like violence, so if it is what you wish go for it” he explained “but in my experience if you focus too much on following your parents´ footsteps you might realize too late that it´s not what you really like, I don´t know if I am explaining myself here.” He didn´t want the Miraluka to think he was like... Intruding in her life or something, he just wanted to provide some advice.

Mirran Kai    71

Mirran bowed her head. It was obvious that Kale had very little tact to conversations. Something about him made Mirrian cringe inside. "I follow whatever the Force wishes for me, Kale Sakrkan. Combat may come easily for you but it does not for me. I have to work harder at it and focus my energies on it even though I wish to be a simple scholar. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses. I choose the path that I know I can be the most beneficial to the Jedi and to the Order itself. Perhaps I will be a seer, perhaps I will be a diplomat like my parents.  I miss my parents but I wish to honor my parents and their vision. They gave me up to the Jedi because they had a reason for it. I will do my best to honor that reason." 

Magnus could do nothing to stop himself from cringing inside from Kale’s woods. While he understood what he was trying to say to Mirran, it was just that the way that he said it was somewhat blunt, so in a attempt to help him Magnus spoke up.

”I believe what Kale was trying to say was that while it is fine to follow what your parents want for you, it is still important to still do want you chose to do because in the end, it must be you who makes the choice. Otherwise someone else will and you’ll end up doing something that you don’t truelly want to do and it would be to late to change it. I mean if I followed my parents I’d... “ Magnus stopped for a moment, memories of a ship erupting into an inferno briefly flashing through his mind before he quickly stopped them.

Not now, I don’t need that right now. He thought to himself before he continued talking. “Well, I’d... probably still be here actually. But anyway weren’t you practicing your moves Kale?” He quickly asked, hoping to move the subject along to something that doesn’t somehow link to his deceased parents.

”So, since battling against droids is not the greatest thing, how about we do something a little different to make things interesting?” He said as he moved to the wide area of the training room while igniting his training lightsaber. “How about we have a bit of a battle royale? I mean when we become proper Jedi’s, we will probably  end up fighting against multiple opponents so why not have a little practise? But let’s keep this as a strictly blade work fight, unless you guys want to do something else” He finished with a friendly smile.

Kale Sarkan    5

Wow, talk about sassy there… I didn´t really say anything and that girl seemed to get annoyed by the lightest of comments. And all that force talk, she really was high standards. I guess she wasn´t used to the kind of conversation or even clearness I used to talk with.

I was going to answer, but, luckily, Magnus stepped in and explained what I supposedly wanted to say. Yeah, it was true, that could do it, it was a very diplomatic way to express it but it was basically the main idea of what I wanted to tell her. So I sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, exactly. Sorry if you misunderstood it, wasn´t my intention to offend you” I said “I said it because I made the mistake once, you know? My parents raised me to be the best thief in the world, and I just wanted to make them proud by stealing things and growing important in the mob of Corellia… But then I realized that wasn´t what I wanted… But again, if that´s what you want, and you want to make your parents proud, then go for it, I am sure it will be great.”

Luckily, the subject was changed to one I was most interested on: training. I nodded ot Magnus and smiled “Yeah, I was… And I would like to continue” I stretched my arms a little when he proposed that little swordfighting battle royale “sounds good to me, saber to saber is always better to train and if you have to be focused in more than one opponent your connection with the force is forced to increase… Though I have never done anything like this with a lightsaber… sure I have fought multiple enemies on Corellia but… Not the same. Let´s get to it then!”

Mirran Kai    71

Mirran paused in thought. "In other words no matter how noble my parent's intentions are if I decide later on to be something other than what my parents intended...well I want to....well..."She paused. "My parents are not happy with the current course of the Jedi. While I have some degree of wanting to please them, I would rather be a Jedi than please my parents. Yet... I have a long path I think. Perhaps my thoughts will change when I become a padawan and then from being a Padawan to a Knight. But that is a long time off...and being a Jedi is not an easy path." 

She smiled softly. "Whatever combat form you wish to participate in...I will strive my best to learn it." 

Magnus gave a roguish smile towards the two. “Well, if we are all good to go, then let us commence with this little royale. So, who wants the first shot?”

Magnus immediately settled into his form III stance and waited for one of his opponents to initiate an attack towards him. His plan for the match was to simply relay on his current form as his means to defend himself, he knew that it was good to know how to throw a good attack at an opponent, but he knew that a great defence can help just as much. If he wanted his skills to improve then he would need to work at them.

side note: sorry for the late reply. I recently had my uni exams and my laptop had decided to be a d**k and stop working on me 😠

so again, sorry about my updates