Aria Thias

Application [[ Aria Thias ]]- Approved

Aria Thias    1

*Member Application

Welcome to Star Wars: Fates! How did you find us? Were you recommended? If so, by whom?

I received an invite on DeviantArt. I just happened to log in after who knows how long to look something up and saw it. I forgot to write down the name and at this very moment forgot my password for DA.

Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from? How old are you? Do you have any prior experience with fanfiction or roleplaying in general?

I’m in Colorado right now, I’m 31. I do write fan fiction and have done role playing forums in the past. I may be a bit rusty on role playing.

Have you ever been a part of a roleplaying community or guild in the past? If so, which ones?

A very long time ago I was involved with a Kotor rp. I played OC characters, as well as Atton Rand and Mical the Disciple. After that forum dwindled and died, I dabbled in some fantasy forums but never found a group I gelled with. Here’s hoping this one will work out.

What is the most important thing for you to get out of your experience here? Exciting stories with interesting characters? Good friends? A sense of belonging?

Stories, characters, and friends. Also much needed little creativity breaks while I’m working towards my English Bachelor's. I’ve been dying to do Star Wars related stuff.

Do you know what a Mary/Gary Stu is? Metagaming? God Modding? Provide a quick definition of each, because all of the aforementioned are against the rules, will you or you character have trouble conforming to this?

Mary/Gary Stu: the true definition is the character that is flawless, unrealistic, often they are a self-insert and are poorly written as a result. Gary is almost never used, as this is a flawless and unrealistic is often the default and accepted form of male characters unless they are not white. Mary is always used as an attack of female characters whether they actually are or not.

Metagaming is when you break the world rules to make things happen for your character's benefit.

God modding is controlling someone else's character without their permission. Like to force their character to do something you want to happen. If you have a trusted friend, who can play the character right and you are unable to post for some reason is the only acceptable time this can happen with permissions.

No, I won’t have a problem with this. It’s not fun for anyone when these things happen.

How much time will you be willing to commit to the community? Do you forsee your schedule getting in the way of things?

It's very possible my schedule will get in the way because I am a full time student and a full time employed. My little free time has been filled with casual, tedious games on my tablet. I want to fill that little time with something more interesting. I imagine at least a good post a day.

Can you give us a quick run down of the biography and character you hope to RP on this site? A quick idea of a biography, type of character they are, and whether they might be aligned with the Sith Remnant, or the Unified Jedi Order.

Aria Thias is in her late twenties, a Zeltron from Zeltros. She is in her final year of residency to become a multi-species medical doctor. Historically Zeltros aligns with the Republic, so her education has her aligned with the Unified Jedi Order.

Do you have any lingering questions or concerns? A member of our staff will be happy to answer anything that comes to mind.

Nothing comes to mind.

Would you like to provide any closing comments on your application? On behalf of the staff of Star Wars: Fates and the entire community, we wish you luck and may the Force Be With You!

Nah.

Character Application

Name: Aria Thias
Species: Zeltron

Date of Birth: 3662 ( 28ish? Didn't see a date on front page but found the timeline)

Appearance: Pink skin, silver eyes, and deep blue, long straight hair. She has a lean, muscular body and is a tall 5’10”.

Possessions: Aria currently lives in a small two-bedroom apartment with a roommate (if anyone wants to share an apartment, I’m open to it). She has a library archive computer that stores medical texts she’s collected over the years, school texts, and a lot of romance and adventure books. She can remotely access the archive if she has a steady holo net connection. Her closet is half doctor scrubs and half sexy party cloths and fifteen pairs of shoes. The jewelry she owns are all fake, but they are pretty and she loves them. She also has a large makeup collection, with colors that don’t even go with her skin just in case she needs to make up a friend. She also owns a blaster pistol that she keeps in night stand for self defense reasons.

Personality:

Aria has a smooth, mature voice. She has a bleeding heart, is often gentle and kind, but is willing to throw a punch if needed. She is also the type that will dress up just to go grocery shopping. As an intelligent, extroverted bookworm, she enjoys good parties and good books. Not at the same time of course and good drinks are for any time except work. She takes her medical career very seriously and tones down the glam to appear more professional amongst other doctors and patients.

Skills, Abilities and Talents: She is a relatively good doctor with a lot of patience. As practiced by Zeltron doctors, she uses her species natural ability to produce pheromones (the calming kind) to assist in soothing and healing patients. Especially for those who are terrified of doctors or after particularly traumatic events

Biography: (occ: see notes) Aria is the eldest of three girls and two boys. None of them know who their fathers are, but they all know their six mothers(sisters) and their two grandmothers(sisters) living all under one roof. From a very early age, Aria was interested in becoming a doctor. If allowed while growing up, she would care for whoever else was sick in the family. She was perhaps one of the few if not the only child in the entire galaxy that enjoyed going to get her shots. Her pediatric doctor, Dr. Nayla, would put aside a little extra time to answer Aria’s questions, show her medical gadgets, and even once gave her a children’s book on health care. To be noted, as a children’s book the medical language was simplified. The book was filled with pictures of Zeltron biology, injuries, and health issues that non-Zeltron species would probably be horrified for their children to see. Aria was enamored with the book and took pleasure in grossing her siblings out with some of the pictures.

After Aria completed secondary school she was accepted into the First Republic Medical Academy within the University of Coruscant to become a multi-species doctor. She was particularly excited about the opportunity to do this after learning her species pheromone abilities can greatly help patients of other species. At first, she was a little home sick on Coruscant. Her family helped her move in, but they all returned to Zeltros. The general culture on Coruscant was so lacking compared to Zeltron culture. A bit boring even, but she found herself a few favorite cantinas, dated around, gained some friends and some enemies.

Ultimately, when she got into her residency was when things really became interesting. While other medical students quickly became tired and worn at the fast pace of a busy hospital, she excelled and found herself in a heart pounding dream element. With such a huge, multi-species population on Coruscant, there was a long list of severe health issues and physical trauma due to things like speeder accidents or lower level gang fights.

What ultimately caught her attention, was helping the Republic veterans. They had injuries, experiences, and mental issues from the Galactic war that many doctors did not want to deal with nor could even understand. From them she learned that there was a need for doctors on the greater galactic scene and within the Republic military. She began to do research into what she would do after her residency was completed and began to dream of space travel.

Character Skills and Abilities:
Novice Blaster Pistol

Novice Biochem

Novice Biosurge

Special Species Ability: Pheromones

Final Notes:  According to lore, Zeltrons don’t practice monogamy and I couldn't find anything on family structure. So I took a little liberty with her family structure basing it off of the Mosuo people. Let me know if this is unacceptable. Also, I don't really know much about medical stuff, but I remember having so much fun playing Mical. So if that is also an issue, i will need to scrap everything to restart.

Edited by Varia Octarian
touch up

Varia Octarian    113

Welcome and thanks for applying! It'll be a little bit before we get down to the nitty gritty of reviewing your application due to the holidays, but we will get to it very shortly! 

Homra Azner    92

Hi and thank you so much for checking out Star Wars Fates~ <3

Oooh been a while since we last had a Zeltron, and I could see that she'd make a good addition to the Peacekeepers~! XD

Just a few things about the character template, however~

I may need you to expand more on your biography as it helps with explaining why your character has certain skillsets. It could be things like she learned how to perform basic first aid on certain species or has good knowledge of their anatomy/biological functions. Wookieepedia is also a good place to check out to give you an understanding of other species like twi'lek's etc. May also need to expand to give us a better understanding of her personality and what motivates your character besides the reason for her interest in medicine is to care for her family. There could be other things in your character's life that helped her cement her decision~

Don't be shy to throw a PM is you need any more help~ :D

Aria Thias    1

I actually had a longer Biography, but shortened because I misread the requirements. That's's what I get for reading off my phone during work.

Homra Azner    92

lol is fine~ XD

You can post it any time and just give us a nudge once you're satisfied with your bio. :)

If you need help, always happy to assist~ <3

Varia Octarian    113

WE do recommend intermediate Biochem and Biosurge  for your skills and abilities, besides that everything looks great!

Your character has been

APPROVED

Please familiarise yourself with all of the Community Rules.I also recommend you review the How To Start Creating Your Character guide. Your next stop will be to post your biography in the Biography section - in your case, in the Republic Biographies. Once you've done that - you can begin exploring the forums of the Dantooine Enclave, this is where you will be tested in character to prove yourself worthy of becoming a fully fledged member of the Jedi Order.  I encourage you to post your arrival to Dantooine in this topic, or start/ join a roleplay within the Enclave forums.

Outside of the Encalve, you are welcome to post in The Cantina, or the other General Forums. We also encourage you to join us on our Discord Chat

Once again, congratulations on being accepted! I look forward to roleplaying with you in the future and on behalf of the entire Staff Team of Star Wars: Fates, thank you for choosing to join us for all your RP needs.