Varia Octarian

Passing the torch

Varia Octarian    113

I woke up this morning just planning to go to work and call it another day, instead I killed Lucian and took the site for my own. Welcome to the new world. Long live the queen.

Kidding of course. It is with a great deal of nerves and mild confused screaming that I announce the passing of the torch from Lucian to myself. 

For those of you who don't remember me, I formerly played Ellina Kast back in the day and have quite a long history on this wonderful site. Never in my time here did it cross my mind that this is where the years would lead me, however here we are and here I am at a loss for words on how to describe how excited and nervous I am to be taking the role of responsibility. More than anything I hope to do my absolute best in this position. I am human (so I've been told) and as such I will make plenty of mistakes. I know I can look to this community to continue to be wonderful and supportive as you guys always have been to past administrators and staff. 

So far besides the passing of the torch, there wont be any changes. I don't plan at this moment to upstart everything here and make things confusing. If anything there will be tiny adjustments to make the site easier to comprehend to members both new and old. This place has a lot of history and it can be a bit overwhelming to everyone. That being said, rather than planning to change what I assume needs to be changed and taking in all the past struggles and concerns, when the time comes I will have a period of time for any and all members to come to me and express what you love most about the site as is and what it has been. I only ask in this manner because I feel addressing what we love the most is easier to explain in addition to being a positive method. It wont be immediately, as I wish to still adjust and make sure I have a firm grip on the steering wheel before the swerving begins. 

I truly am grateful for this, and I hope to serve well. May the force be with you all.

Edited by Varia Octarian
  • Like 2

Lucian Eidolon    1,588

I'm relieved and grateful that Ellina has come on to take the site from me, and believe that her fresh perspective and insight will bring light and love back to this site. This is a site in need of a bit of TLC, and its been lacking in leadership and enthusiasm from its leader for far too long. Despite my failures, despite my misgivings and my mistakes, I've done everyone I can to keep this place alive - and passing the torch was not a decision I made easily. My ego and pride stood in the way for far too long. 

I wish you all the luck in the future Ellina (or Varia). You have my support, and I am always here if you need guidance, help or even just someone to blame for the sites condition. I will be taking a much needed break from the site - but I'll still be around, in various capacities. I hope one day to be able to write here again without the pressures of leadership and duty laying over me. I look forward to that future, and the bright new day that the change in leadership brings.

Thank you all for your support over the years - I hope you extend the same level of enthusiasm to your new overlord. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darth Verrin    2,201

Welcome back, 'young Jedi'.

When you hear the lyrics, "Hello, Darkness, my old friend..." You know it is me.

Granted, I may have some mold growing on me at this point, but hey... nothing a little baking soda and vinegar can't fix.

That reminds me... didn't Ellina have me murder her predecessor?  *goes digging through a truck to find a thread*

And you, Lucian... Valyrian... Vanessa... I await your return to RP with eager anticipation.

Edited by Darth Verrin
  • Haha 1

Hello Ellina! Did we work together with some RPs? I thought the name sounded familiar. I wish you good luck. :) And that does remind me to get to work on RPs, too. Still figuring out my characters here. :)

Anyway, good luck. :) 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.