Galia Stormer

Application: [[Galia Regine Stormer]]

• Welcome to Star Wars: Fates! How did you find us? Were you recommended? If so, by whom?

I was recommended by CassiusTroy on fanfiction.net

• Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from? How old are you? Do you have any prior experience with fanfiction or roleplaying in general?

I am from North America. I am 19 years old. I have been roleplaying for nine years on a minor website called quotev, and personal messages in places such as text, and tumblr.

• Have you ever been a part of a roleplaying community or guild in the past? If so, which ones?

I have but they were small groups on Quotev that were not very active. I have been a part of over thirty roleplay groups on there. Some had people on everyday most only once or twice a week.

• What is the most important thing for you to get out of your experience here? Exciting stories with interesting characters? Good friends? A sense of belonging?

To me the most important thing is to increase my capacity and skills of writing alongside others who enjoy the world of star wars and exploring it.

• Do you know what a Mary/Gary Stu is? Metagaming? God Modding? Provide a quick definition of each, because all of the aforementioned are against the rules, will you or you character have trouble conforming to this?

A Gary/Mary stu is a character who is overpowered, or nearly invincible. They always have an answer or solution for everything and even when bad things happen they come out find and do not really suffer or grow.
Metagaming is when one goes outside a game or roleplay to bypass the rules inside of either the aforementioned. Often to their own advantage.
God Modding is when you take control of another person’s character. It often happens without permission and the character is often portrayed incorrectly.

• How much time will you be willing to commit to the community? Do you forsee your schedule getting in the way of things?

Since I am a college student I can spend a rough estimate of 1 to 2 hours on this website daily unless something comes up then every other day.

• Can you give us a quick run down of the biography and character you hope to RP on this site? A quick idea of a biography, type of character they are, and whether they might be aligned with the Sith Remnant, or the Unified Jedi Order.

My character is a young human girl who carries the hopes of her parents on her shoulders. When it was found she was force sensitive and would be trained they gave her few things to take with that they thought the jedi would not provide. One a small note she keeps hidden so it is not taken away. An apartment they are paying for her. A set of re-purposed armor her parents left at the apartment for her. The enormous comfort knowing her family loved her, and the knowledge that her ancestor use to be a jedi before the empire ever rose up (not a canon character) that gave her pride and confidence in her skills. Even though she has no idea how to use him and there has never been another force sensitive in their family until her. A pride she has difficulty overcoming, and a need to prove she can be a good jedi even when she knows failure is greater. She would try to join the Unified Jedi Order.

• Do you have any lingering questions or concerns? A member of our staff will be happy to answer anything that comes to mind.

My only concern is actually just a question. Is this a 1 on 1 rp group or a massive overall everyone rps on the same topics group? Are we all separated into smaller groups to minimize confusion or is it a free for all until your character graduates?

• Would you like to provide any closing comments on your application? On behalf of the staff of Star Wars: Fates and the entire community, we wish you luck and may the Force Be With You!

As for any closing notes I am looking forward to participating within this group if I am allowed. I have fun whenever I roleplay and can flesh out new characters of all sorts. It is so much fun seeing what kind of characters other people create too. It is always an experience I enjoy and I do hope you accept my application.

Once you've completed this section, please post a topic in this forum with the title "Application: [[Name of your character]]"

Character Application

Now we've gotten to know you, help us get to know your character! If you are already a member of this site, you can ignore the first half, and simply apply with this character information.

Name: Galia Regine Stormer
Species: Human

Rank: (The rank of your character, and/or Force rank based on their strength in the Force and availability of teachings) Padawan I suppose.
Date of Birth: 3614, 16 years old

Appearance: Galia has tanned skin, dark purple eyes, auburn, wild, messy hair. She often ties about half of it behind her head but allows the other half to lay straight. Her hair falls a little below her shoulders. Sometimes she braids her ponytail. Most the time she just leaves it alone. Galia is of lithe build but tall compared to many other human females. Her height is 6'2". Her weight is 170lbs. She has a scar that goes along the back of her neck. It was from an alien attack when her neighborhood had been attack and they dragged with a rope cutting open the back of her neck slightly. It became infected and the skin never really healed right. She has a birth mark on her right shoulder that many describe as an arrow head where some say it is a directional marker. She only sees a slightly dis-formed triangle.

Possessions: She owns a set of typical padawan robes. Her robes often that are light or dark brown but she does have an armor set her father gave her that is pure white and has been remodel for a woman's body. She never wears the armor and it stays in her apartment collecting dust. Her parents are paying for the apartment she is living in while she trains to be a jedi. She carries around a note her parents gave her the day she left everywhere she goes and always has it hidden within her clothes so she never loses it. She also has her lightsaber that glows a bright green.

Personality: Galia is a confident, prideful person. She is always the first to act and that often gets her in trouble. She believes in doing not waiting. A line of thought that has gotten her into many troubling situations before. If she thinks something isn't right she is very vocal with her opinion and never scared to ask why anything is the way it is. Or that is what she portrays herself as to many. In truth she uses her pride to hide her fears for she is deeply worried by her parents expectations to see her past. Galia never bends under it and often pushes past her fears in order to prove she has none. Which causes her extra strife. She never quits, and is very determined, because if she fails she will be letting down the only two people who have ever mattered to her. However despite all of Galia's pride and brash actions she is willing to offer a helping hand to those who can not help themselves. It distracts her from her worries. She can sit still and study, but she learns better through doing then reading.

Skills, Abilities and Talents: (A summary of the character's strengths, or just a summary of what the character is average at. This will allow members and the staff to gauge how well balanced, or specialized the character is. Updating this section is not required, though it is encouraged to show your character's growth by expanding on their more simpler feats.)

Biography: Galia Stormer is the ancestor of Adriana Stormer. A jedi who fell in love with a clone during the clone wars who bore his child before order 66 was carried out. That was the story of Galia's family. The first story she ever remembers being told as a child. Her father was proud of this and so is her mother. When her powers began to show at the young age of three they knew it was important for her to know it was normal despite all the hate she may receive in the future for her abilities. She grew up knowing she would always apply for the academy and attempt her best to be a jedi. When Galia was eight years old her town was attacked on Corellia. They were hunters and slavers. Claiming to be looking for big game and thought the  biggest of all would be a force sensitive child who they had seen practicing her skills. They dragged her through town by a rope on her neck she fought against. It cut open the back of her neck slightly before her father and some of the other men came out of their homes and chased the hunters off. Her wound became infected and never healed correctly.

After that Galia became even more determined to master her skills and become a jedi so they could never do that to anyone again. For the next seven years she has been training her martial art Echani skills by taking lessons in one of the many large cities on Corellia. Traveling back and forth for three hours twice a week just for the lessons. When she was home she helped her parents with their crafts so they could sell them on their down times at their jobs. Then when they would rest she would go out to the forest and practicing her force abilities by herself. Always feeling as if she was messing up somehow. This isn't how one should train, she always thought. Still she forced herself to train four hours every night and live everyday with only four hours of sleep. More often or not animals would come by and watch her train until she learned to also reach out to them using the force.

Character Skills and Abilities: Skills: Novice blade abilities, martial arts basic knowledge of the Echani technique, novice saber staff, novice Shii-Cho, Novice Soresu, novice beast tamer.

Abilities: Force Sphere, Force Sense, force listen, beast control, force camouflage, force stun, 

Final Notes: The person who recruited me did so through fanfiction.net so I do not know their real alias on here. However their name on ff was CassiusTroy.  Also is it a problem if my character is related to an OC of mine that would have been alive during the times of the clones war? She would not be in this of course just an ancestor for my character to take pride in and use as a role model. 

Homra Azner    83

Welcome to Star Wars Fates! :D

Hi there and thank you so much for filling up the member and character application!

The member application looks good so far, and there should be admin checking it out soon to process it. I do see that you have a bunch of questions, and I'd be glad to help answer them.

3 hours ago, Tigereyes45 said:

My only concern is actually just a question. Is this a 1 on 1 rp group or a massive overall everyone rps on the same topics group? Are we all separated into smaller groups to minimize confusion or is it a free for all until your character graduates?

We do have one on one threads and group threads, anything pretty much goes in how many participates in a thread. As for topics, Jedi Initiates can only post in the Enclave, Sith Recruits in the Academy, etc. After the character graduates, it is then possible for them to post in other locations.... It depends on where your character wants to go. There are planets here that may need the presence of a character ranked higher than an apprentice to access.

3 hours ago, Tigereyes45 said:

Final Notes: The person who recruited me did so through fanfiction.net so I do not know their real alias on here. However their name on ff was CassiusTroy.  Also is it a problem if my character is related to an OC of mine that would have been alive during the times of the clones war? She would not be in this of course just an ancestor for my character to take pride in and use as a role model. 

That's fine. As long as your character isn't connected with canon ones like Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, etc.

On another note, you'll also need to change your username to your character name, because this will be the same account used for roleplaying.

If you still have any other questions or need help, don't hesitate to ask and staff would be more than happy to assist~ :D

Good luck!

I do actually have two more questions. 1. My profile says to add an OOC account or some such. What is that? 2. When an admin does look at it will they tell me if I am good to go or do I wait for an invite to one of the groups to roleplay such as the academy?

Edited by Galia Stormer

Homra Azner    83

There used to be OOC accounts, but all of those had been merged with the members' "main character' account.

After the admin takes a look at your application, they'll post if the membership and character is approved and will provide instructions on what to do next.

Once approved, you'd be given a signature and your profile name color will change to reflect it. As for roleplaying, there are tags on threads if other members are welcome to join (Open). Only ones that need invites are semi-open, invite only, or closed threads.

On 11/14/2017 at 10:38 PM, Galia Stormer said:

Skills, Abilities and Talents: (A summary of the character's strengths, or just a summary of what the character is average at. This will allow members and the staff to gauge how well balanced, or specialized the character is. Updating this section is not required, though it is encouraged to show your character's growth by expanding on their more simpler feats.)

Your skills, abilities and talents section is left incomplete, this is not the same as the list below the biography but rather a list to express all said talents and abilities and how they are used for your character. 

On 11/14/2017 at 10:38 PM, Galia Stormer said:

Biography: Galia Stormer is the ancestor of Adriana Stormer. A jedi who fell in love with a clone during the clone wars who bore his child before order 66 was carried out. That was the story of Galia's family. The first story she ever remembers being told as a child.

Currently our site is before this era, there is a link to the current stage of events and time period in the welcome page you should read up on to adjust your character's background (Under "The story thus far"). The current year is also posted on the home page. 

With those adjustments everything should be good to go! Should you have any other questions or concerns feel free to ask!