Ormala Arragi

Character Application: Ormala Arragi - Accepted

• Welcome to Star Wars: Fates! How did you find us? Were you recommended? If so, by whom?

• I was informed of Fates by one PolluxTroyTBE through DeviantArt.

•  

• Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from? How old are you? Do you have any prior experience with fanfiction or roleplaying in general?

• I’m from Texas, currently living abroad. I am 18 years old. Male. I have lots of experience with fanfiction, and some very limited experience in roleplaying.

•  

• Have you ever been a part of a roleplaying community or guild in the past? If so, which ones?

• I tried to start playing Star Wars Combine, but it wasn’t working out.

•  

• What is the most important thing for you to get out of your experience here? Exciting stories with interesting characters? Good friends? A sense of belonging?

• All of the above, honestly. I love good storytelling and the characters made, I’m always up to make new friends who love Star Wars, and really that gives me the sense of belonging I want as a fan.

•  

• Do you know what a Mary/Gary Stu is? Metagaming? God Modding? Provide a quick definition of each, because all of the aforementioned are against the rules, will you or your character have trouble conforming to this?

• A Mary Sue/Gary Stu is a perfect character; able to do just about anything a situation demands. Very unrealistic. Metagaming is a player using real-life knowledge of a created universe and using it as the role-playing character, which breaks canon. If you know four soldiers are behind the door IRL, say nothing in-game. God Modding is, to the best of my knowledge, the ability to have one’s character do just about everything and anything without any explanation. Deus ex-persona. I shouldn’t have any problems with these rules.

•  

• How much time will you be willing to commit to the community? Do you foresee your schedule getting in the way of things?

• As school is about to kick back into session for me, I may be pressed for time to commit large amounts of time, especially as I am starting my senior year of high school. I try to moderate how much time I’m on a computer or looking at a screen, so an hour, two hours tops.

•  

• Can you give us a quick run down of the biography and character you hope to RP on this site? A quick idea of a biography, type of character they are, and whether they might be aligned with the Sith Remnant, or the Unified Jedi Order.

• Ormala Arragi, a male, 25-year old Mirialan, seeks to join the Unified Jedi Order and become a peacekeeper in the galaxy following the devastation brought to the galaxy by the Sith Empire during the war. He is very introspective and may come across as a lone-wolf type, but is a fast ally to any of his friends, once you get to know him. He loves a good flimsi to read, and is not one to indulge in risky behavior. The current year being 3630, he would be born 3655. He stands just a few centimeters over six feet, and is very agile, given the natural flexibility of his species. He is motivated by the despair and sorrow he often saw on the faces of refugees who flocked to Mirial during the War, who he often helped as best he could as a volunteer, and wants to stop it from happening as often as he can.

•  

• Do you have any lingering questions or concerns? A member of our staff will be happy to answer anything that comes to mind.

• I do not.

•  

• Would you like to provide any closing comments on your application?

• I look forward to the stories and friends to be made here.

Name: Ormala Arragi

Species: Mirialan

Date of Birth: 3655 BBY

Appearance: Ormala’s skin color is a medium green, and his eyes are a deep blue. His hair is dark brown and very curly. He has a very lean form befitting the average Mirialan. He stands a little over six feet tall, and weighs about 160 pounds. His traditional facial tattoos are double arrows underneath his eyes pointing upward.

Possessions: Ormala had a modest repository of possessions on Mirial; a small home, a four-seater landspeeder among other things, but when he sought to join the Unified Jedi Order, he left those in the care of his friend and brought only a few changes of clothes, a commlink, and credits in a rucksack to the Enclave. His robes, signifying his membership in the Order, his lightsaber, and anything else the Order will give him, are his only true possessions now.

Personality: Kind but quiet. He is comfortable in most any situation, but prefers to do things “his way” if he has the choice, and that would be to be on his own with a nice action holo or bestseller flimsi. Detests intensive, spontaneous “physical” activities, as he is prone to exhaust quickly without preparation. Ormala unconditionally cares for all beings in the galaxy, but has no reservations to defend his beliefs and home at whatever cost. Real-life Myers-Briggs Type equivalent: INFJ-A.

Skills, Abilities, and Talents: Ormala was born with an affinity for words; by the age of fourteen he could write thousand-word editorials with ease, and would proofread papers by older students before submitting them to their teachers. He had an excellent speaking voice; given a podium, he could keep audiences rapt with attention when speaking on a subject he felt very fervently of. He had a basic understanding of ship engineering thanks to his father, and was familiar with the intricacies of politics, cultures, and healing thanks to his mother. Being Mirialan, Ormala was naturally more agile and flexible than most other sentients.

Biography: Ormala was born to kind parents on Mirial in 3655 BBY. They were very conservative in behavior and traditions, but were far from strict. His father was a star freighter technician working for Rendili StarDrive’s Hydian Way branch. His mother was a civil servant, holding many public offices throughout her life. At two years old the Sith invaded Coruscant and the Treaty of Coruscant was signed, leaving Mirial suddenly alone as the territory it lay in suddenly had no Republic support. As the Sith began conquesting the sector at will (Mirial had sided with Malak 300 years before), refugees and displaced vagrants flocked to Mirial, a bastion of humanitarianism and safety, leaving Ormala’s mother to start outreach programs in their city and his father very busy repairing ships of those fleeing and fighting Sith patrols. Since Mirial opted to remain neutral in the War, what little security they had came in the form of the Peace Brigade, with whom Ormala’s parents and leaders often corroborated with. Ormala had to learn to protect himself in times of danger, and he would later sign on to help the Peace Brigade at the age of fourteen, learning to fight and helping to heal, the latter thanks to his mother. As Ormala grew, he took every opportunity he could to help those his parents helped, making him into the man he would later become; a staunch humanitarian and advocate for the helpless. At the age of fifteen (3640 BBY), when a Sith shock force threatened to raze a camp of refugees Ormala was protecting to rout out Republic sympathizers and spies among the crowd, his Force abilities manifested themselves, leveling the soldiers, leaving just enough time for other Peace Brigadiers arrive and run the Sith out. Realizing the potential power he had in his veins, Ormala decided then that in 10 years time, after finishing his education and becoming self-sufficient, he would join the Jedi. When the time came, he left a majority of his possessions in the capable hands of his lifelong friend, taking only a few for himself, and made his way to the Dantooine Enclave to train as a Jedi.

Character Skills and Abilities:

Novice Blade Weapon

Martial Arts: Basic Broken Gate

Intermediate Blaster Pistol

Novice Blaster Rifle

Novice Single Saber

Form III - Novice Soresu

Form VI - Novice Niman

Heavy Freighter Proficiency

Force Dash

Force Jump

Force Mend

Force Armor

Force Persuasion

Comprehend Speech

Final Notes: I was recommended to this site by PolluxTroyTBE on DeviantArt.

Edited by Ormala Arragi
Formatting for easier readability

Sel Anabasis    46

Welcome to the community! Are you sure you don't want to join the dark side? We don't have cookies but we have basic human emotions. ;)

I jest, I jest.. most of these new Jedi types are pretty cool from what I've seen, look forward to roleplaying with you!

A staff member should be by shortly to review your application.

Homra Azner    83

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to check us out and apply! It's wonderful to see new faces, especially Jedi~ :)

Our staff will be reviewing your application in an hour or so. Just a thing to note, is it alright that you separate the questions from the answers? It will help our staff process your application faster and they'd be able to distinguish the template questions from your answers.

Another thing to note in your character sheet is that you may not want to include Force Invigorate. It's typically regarded as a dark-side ability, and it may not fly well in the Enclave. I recommend Force Armor instead, as it will get you less raised brow. ;)

So far, your application looks good, just a few tweaks on your formatting and it should be good.

I wish you the best of luck! :D

Darth Atrox    700

I will get to the approval process entirely once I am at a computer, but overall it is a solid biography and everything is good.

Darth Atrox    700

If you need assistance finding an avatar that is less pixelly, don't be afraid to PM me - I have my fair stash of avatars :P

Let's just skip the application part since I kind of already addressed this, so here we go;

Your character has been

APPROVED

Please familiarize yourself with all of the Community Rules. I also recommend you review the How To Start Creating Your Character guide. Your next stop will be to post your biography in the Biography section - in your case, in the Unified Jedi Biographies. Once you've done that - you can begin exploring the forums of the Dantooine Enclave, this is where you will be tested in character to prove yourself worthy of becoming a fully fledged member of the Jedi Order. I encourage you to post your arrival to Dantooine in this topic, or start/ join a roleplay within the Enclave forums.

Outside of Academy, you are welcome to post in The Cantina, or the other General Forums. We also encourage you to join us on our Discord Chat

Once again, congratulations on being accepted! I look forward to roleplaying with you in the future and on behalf of the entire Staff Team of Star Wars: Fates, thank you for choosing to join us for all your RP needs. :)

Edited by Darth Atrox