Iman Zana    9

Iman watched the Initiates silently as she followed behind. She was but a Padawan but it was her responsibility to assist Knight Azner in ensuring the Initiates made it through safely. Flesh Raiders though, did not really make such a prospect much easier. Even though she enjoyed the flora of Tython, the rainy weather, and the general atmosphere, there was a deep disquieted feeling in her heart. Where they were felt wrong in spite of the natural beauty of the world. Fortunately, her attention was drawn away from that and to the disrespectful tone that Initiate Zhao had taken with Knight Azner.

With a look of consternation on her face she spoke up finally, "Initiate Zhao allow me to remind you that you are an Initiate and I recommend you remember to be respectful, please. The more important issue at hand here is how we can get by the Flesh Raiders without conflict. We were instructed specifically to not engage with them in combat by Knight Rasudan. We are not given commands without reason, he was looking out for all of our safety. Our objective is to retrieve any data we can from the Archives, something that the Flesh Raiders would not find any value in even if they could access them. We should stick to the instruction of the Knights and trust their judgment." She said, her expression and tone quite stern. She had hoped Initiate Zhao would show that first impressions could be wrong but thus far he had been quick to conclusions without foundation.

"Flesh Raiders are not something with whom we can reason diplomatically. We must find an alternative route. Sometimes the front door is not always the first option, we must be patient. There is no need to kill here. We are searching for knowledge. Perhaps we should use our minds on this endeavor, and search for an alternative entrance. Knight Azner, did you happen to see if the building had any sort of overgrowth or fallen walls or pillars that breached the area we need to search? If we could go direct we could perhaps circumvent the need to even consider dealing with Flesh Raiders, correct?" Iman offered ideas, while still deferring to the judgment of the Knight on the assignment. Since the Echani was the one to venture forward it only made sense to ask about what he had seen.

Char    28

Char knew that he wasn't the typical 'good' Jedi but this was one of the few times he was certain that he had not done anything wrong. He could not see how he had disrespected at all the Echani. He had only made some observations and proposed some ways to get into the Temple, none of which involved combat. His proposals made use of stratagems and deception instead. Nevertheless, he kept himself calm and smiled. His smile was bright. He seemed to be enjoying himself. "Well, I guess I am a disrespectful, bloodthirsty, impatient person. Or at least that is what you think, right? I can tell from your look and speech. Well, since you have such a bad impression of me, then you wouldn't want me in this mission, would you? Having someone with those qualities you attribute to me come with you would only endanger the mission. I admit Padawan Iman that I am no good. I agree with your assessment. I will put the mission in danger. As such, being a good Jedi and not wanting to put you in danger, I will stay here. You can go in the Temple. I guess you will find a clever way to sneak into the temple. You are much cleverer than I am. You do not need my proposals, do you?"

Char then lied on the ground and yawned. "I usually hate dirt but there is no bed here, so this will do. Hopefully once I wake up, you will have completed the mission."

Char then relaxed and closed his eyes, expecting either an apology or for Iman and the rest to go without him in the Temple.

Edited by Char

Yusan Rasudan    133

Watching as Homra returned from his visit, Yusanulis had kept himself supported against one of the trees as water continued to pour onto his body - what leaves remained kept him from being completely soaked, yet he wanted to just get to it. The information was just as he thought - though luckily the Flesh Raiders tended to split from their main group and make smaller sub-groups around Tython. The smaller ones could easily be culled by a group of Jedi Knights, but unlucky enough for them was the fact they didn't have Jedi with them - they had children that were fine with continuing to rib and bicker.

Pushing himself off the tree, he reached out calmly with telepathy to give a warning towards both Mirran and Homra that he would deal with them, at least for now. They never understood the severity of the assignment and mission - they never grasped how quickly their bickering could draw the attention of scouting parties.

"Enough! Act your ages, I've seen younglings with better emotional control," growling out his response as he reached down to seize Char by the collar of his tunic, he turned to look at Iman, "You both are comrades in arms regardless of your preferences. Acting like bickering children and acting like spoiled brats will get you killed out here. Knight Azner doesn't need to babysit a group of adults when you all are around our age - now act like it or I will drag you both across the courtyard to the front entrance."

Agitation was perhaps the one emotion the Echani tried to snuff out, but with how both acted it would get them all killed - something Yusanulis did not want Homra and himself having on their track record. The Twi'lek and the human fought like children, children wanting to be right in their own way and both would be sent to the AgriCorps if Yusanulis had any hand in their success. This was a field test of their skill before throwing them towards the Grand Master to be judged, and if an Initiate and a Padawan couldn't put aside their differences, they were better off serving as farmers and relief workers. 

"If you think napping out here will keep you safe from the Flesh Raiders, you'd be better off attempting diplomacy. You speak of yourself as intelligent while I see a spoiled brat, one who hasn't experienced the tragedies of life - someone who would be fine watching his comrades die because he is so set on getting apologies. Our lives and jobs are thankless, you'd be best to learn that quick," as Yusanulis's eyes refocused on the man below him, his restraint was perhaps the only thing keeping him from striking the initiate, "Now get up and follow me. Any more arguing and I will gladly have Knight Azner discipline you both when we're back on Dantooine."

Pulling away from the group as he clenched his fist, he turned to look towards Iman with the same dispassionate look, for someone who had been recorded as a practitioner of Broken Gate she lacked the understanding that antagonizing others merely meant they'd strike back harder and more precisely.

"Padawan Zana, use your understanding of Broken Gate to properly control yourself. It's a martial art based on peace and dedication, antagonizing others will merely make you a bigger target in the future. We don't want another.." speaking as he placed his hand to his face, he dreaded making mention of the moronic title one Padawan wore once before, "Mad Padawan. I'm sure you don't want that name to be placed on yourself or any others after that person decided it was clever to mark themselves that."

Pushing himself through the bushes, he knelt down as he reached outwards with the Force and attempted to count the presences within his mind. What seemed like a possible task soon turned impossible as his senses were stretched thin as he exhaled sharply and opened his eyes. If the images Homra had provided them with were true, then they could use the vines to hoist themselves up near one of the towers - but it would require teamwork.

"Knight Azner, I want you to lead us towards the least populated part of the encampment and we will use our.. wonderful teamwork to get into the temple through the overgrowth. Once inside, I will be breaking off from the group to scout a potential exit," speaking firmly as he turned back to Homra, a grin was placed upon his lips, "I want you to also locate the map room and activate these once you are there."

Yusanulis unclipped two spherical objects from his belt as he exhaled and tossed them towards Homra, a slight bow of his head motioning that they were for the thing they telepathically discussed prior.

Post Information

Spoiler

Thank god Mirran hadn't made Yusanulis want to punch her in the face. Any more childish stuff and I think you'll cause my composed Jedi to snap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mirran Kai    58

Mirran sighed. All this bickering was giving her a headache. She looked contemplative. "I rather not fight...but Flesh Raiders like meat, right? An obvious plan is that we need to lure them away from the temple with meat. Are Flesh Raiders receptive to Force compulsion? I say we put something tempting to the Flesh Raiders, compel them to go after it and then quietly go into the temple that way. It's the only answer I have." 

She was tired of Char and Iman, bickering and her head looked skyward. "Course....if someone has a better plan. I understand. I am just a lowly initiate, so what do I know of lures, combat, or even diplomacy for that matter?" 

She wondered what was making the three Jedi so cross with each other? It made no sense to her. Perhaps it was the planet. This had been many of the Jedi's home before it had been ruined. Poor Mirran had never been here, it made her vaguely wonder about her own people's homeworld of Alpheridies. She had never been there either. 

She quietly leaned herself into a tree and quietly meditated.  

Spoiler

Oy....what has Mirran done? I was playing Sith Inquisitor on TOR and I come back and everyone is ripping into each other. Ack!

Edited by Mirran Kai
  • Like 1

Homra Azner    83

Homra opened his mouth to say something about the infighting, but decided not to. Yusanulis already handled it, and that'd be additional stress. He just shook his head and tapped his chin in thought. He did take note of any possible entrances, but they would all need to get around the campsite. Waiting for the rain to let up would give them away. Standing around like sitting fowls could very well get them killed, and none of them would be alive long enough to enjoy whatever that will happen in Dantooine.

The Echani then took to giving his companions a look. Yusan seemed fast enough, despite his tall stature; Mirran and Char were inexperienced, but both were small enough to fit in tight spaces; Iman, however, was enormous. He had no idea if she's able to sneak through the trees.

The Echani took the offered spheres from Yusan, pocketing them where they wouldn't get wet. "Be careful, but still - give us a call when you're in trouble." Homra grinned a little in an attempt to lighten the situation. "We don't have anyone who could drive your ship, be sure to get back in one piece."

"Some of the walls already crumbled down, but they're about a story high. Negotiating with Flesh Raiders is out of the question, diplomacy never worked on them. It's hard to lure them out with meat, sure they're eating under the rain, but they won't chase prey in these conditions. It'll be hard to smell blood and we don't have the time or resource to procure raw meat as bait." He squinted through the rain, and sighed. Yusan seemed like he had a good idea to get in, they just need a plan to get there. "Our best bet to avoid detection is to head close to the eastern wing, there used to be a hangar there so it's likely we get an opening in that area. There's a cliff right behind the temple, so try not to stray too far."

"Okay, keep low as much as possible, stick close to the trees, and try to use the mud or leaves to blend in with your surroundings. We may end up making some noise, but they could still think it's the rain." He checked his chrono, and then looked up to see if Tython's sun was visible through the clouds. Not very much, it seemed. If ever the rain let up, though, they'd lose cover. "We need to move fast, but consider the position of the person in front or behind you. Come on, we'll take shelter inside. There should be better cover there."

With that, the Echani then ducked, crouching behind the gnarled trees. He didn't use the same route as earlier, opting to deviate a little father from it, headed to the Temple's east side. He kept a  slight touch on the Force, open to any warning or source of danger. The Flesh Raiders were still feasting, and Homra wasn't interested to find out what was on the menu. He just hoped they weren't next.

Homra easily made his way towards the side, peeking behind him every now and then to make sure the others were able to follow closely. Moving through the shadows and taking advantage of their surroundings was practically second nature. The Jedi waited under a cover of vines that managed to create an artificial curtain, partially hiding anyone or anything behind it from the camp's view. There, Homra waited for the rest to arrive.

Char    28

The rain kept pouring. The trees offered no shelter. Char was following closely behind Homra. He crouched his way through trees and tried to avoid being seen. He walked as lightly as possible, trying to make the least sound. Char knew that if the Flesh Raiders heard anything unusual, they would feast on his flesh. Although he had been offended by how rude Yusanulis was, Char did not voice his anger and remained calm. This was no time for settling scores. He could do that when they weren't threatened by a group of flesh eating beasts. After walking for some time, Char finally reached a cover of vines, a perfect place to hide. Homra was waiting there.

"Now what?", he whispered. "Have we reached the area where the hangar was?"

Char hoped that they had finally reached the Temple. All this journey through the rain and mud was exhausting. At least inside the Temple he wouldn't have to worry about the mud or the heavy downpour. He was also excited about the possibility of obtaining rare holocrons. The Temple was said to have artifacts of great power. If Char could get his hands on one such item, he hoped that his powers would increase substantially; as would his prospects of rising through the ranks.

"Do you think there will be enemies inside the Temple?", he asked. "We should proceed carefully because if there are enemies inside the Temple and they spot us, the whole mess will alert the Flesh Raiders."

Mirran Kai    58

Mirran walked quietly making every step quiet and soft. She made her Force sight small and tight. She interwove her Force camouflage with her Force Sight   Just in case the Flesh Raiders might have some sort of connection with the Force. She doubted that the Flesh Raiders had any Force connection, but she remembered in her studies that there had been at least one Flesh Raider who had been Force Sensitive. So it was possible. It was better to be safe than sorry.  There was a draw back to this way of sight and hidden Force presence. It made things dull, the vibrant colors she normally saw in the Force seemed flat and stale to her.  She disliked it, she could endure it for a time but it wasn't pleasant.  She tried to mask her displeasure but instead, her lips curled up into a firm line. There was no pretty smile from the Miraluka, just a determined look. She now simply wanted to enter the temple, find whatever relics they could for the Order and then leave. This whole trip was no longer pleasant. 

However, hiding for her was easy, she preferred that when she wished not to be noticed. Her shy nature preferred hiding and preferred anonymity. She said a bit quietly. "Now what?" 

Iman Zana    9

Of all the things Iman had wanted to happen on this assignment, being admonished by a Knight was perhaps one of the less savory events. Certainly things could have been worse, considering the presence of the Flesh Raiders as the primary selling point for not being on Tython, but it still caused her to shrink back a little and reconsider in some small way her overzealous approach. Intiate Zhao had not endeared himself to her in any way, but Knight Rasudan was absolutely correct in accosting her for how she dealt with him. She was a devotee of mind and body as one, dedicated to the art of Broken Gate, and she had allowed her irritation with someone still learning the Jedi ways to get the better of her good judgment.

Iman did not apologize, it would have meant nothing. To her the best way to make up for her lapse of thought was to center herself again and focus entirely on achieving the goals set before them. With the approach to the old Temple mobbed by a feeding frenzy of Flesh Raiders though, things had to be taken more delicately as she had hoped. For someone her size, she was quite capable of silencing her footfalls and navigating the overgrown area fairly well. It was not a skill she had acquired among the Jedi, but one she retained from her youth on Ryloth. Her home was inhospitable in the best times, even in cities, and she had to learn quickly to avoid being captured and sold off into slavery by her own people. The easiest way to do that was to simply remain unseen and unheard, but those were still harder times than now. She owed the Jedi Order so much for the improvements in her life, that it never once occurred to her to leave until the Order nearly splintered itself waging its war against the Empire. The crashing of the Limitless very nearly pushed her limits, but the retreat to Dantooine in order for the Jedi to rediscover their spiritual roots in peace and knowledge prevented her departure.

For her part, Iman took the most time navigating the path silently. It was not out of a lack of understanding of her center of gravity or failure to muffle footfalls, but because she absolutely wanted to mitigate any chance whatsoever that she could potentially be heard. With the vicious gnashing going on with the Flesh Raider's feeding and the general din of their camp though she imagined she could have gone just a bit more quickly. Still, once she had caught up with the group she addressed the issue, the best way she could, by remaining silent. She had no desire to engage with Intiate Zhao again after his first episode of undisciplined childishness. What mattered was not his opinion, but what Knight Azner believed to be the best course of action. If he required input from herself or either Initiate he would ask.

Homra Azner    83

"I - wow -" Homra was at loss for words when Iman managed to stealthily make her way through. She was a six-foot tall twi'lek, she was wearing a cloak, but she was still bright blue and built like a brick house. He shook his head, moving fast was their first priority.

Homra waited until the initiates and padawan were there, nodding towards Yusan, before turning towards them and gesturing to lay low. He then closed his eyes and used the Force to see, a clear image of his surroundings appeared in his mind's eye - muted and grey. He had a limit on how far he could go, and he wasn't close enough earlier to use Force Sight. The most that the Echani could see was the former hangar bay and maybe a few rooms in the former dormitories. The durasteel plating and panels were already stripped off, but most of the wall still remained intact. The hangar bay doors was thankfully open, a gap big enough for them to pass through if they squeezed on their sides.

Problem was, the hangar bay doors was about a story high above them. For some reason or the other, this side of the temple wasn't as badly damaged as the other, but the other side would have risked catching the Flesh Raiders' attention.

"This area is thankfully empty. Good news is, the archives are close to the hangars. Bad news is, it's enormous and it'd take at least five minutes to get from the hangar doors to the other end if we run." Homra let his sight expand, can feel a pressure digging between his eyes as he tried to make his perimeter larger. "There doesn't seem to be any of them nearby, but expect that they might want to take shelter from the rain eventually and their tents can't fit every last one of 'em."

"Well, Knight Rasudan's right - we need teamwork to climb up. The vines here are a little sturdy, but if anyone can augment their jumps, that could work." The Echani stood up and dusted the damp cloak, frowning when mud stuck to his gloves. "Alright, I'll jump and try to widen the hangar doors a little bit so that we can try fitting through."

Homra gathered the Force around him and began to bend the light, until he was sure that anyone looking at his direction won't see him at all. His stealth armor, was after all, in case he can't use Stealth while camouflaging at the same time. Speaking of which - they weren't soaking wet, maybe a little moist, but otherwise fine and currently undamaged.

He really should get them waterproofed.

"Here goes nothing," he muttered and leaped. He used the Force to augment his jump, nearly missing his landing and slipping off the moss-covered floor. The magno-grip boots activating right on time, and the Knight found himself sticking on the hangar door. He glanced around, and kept his eyes on the Flesh Raiders.

Using the Force, he tried nudging the gates to open a little, but an ominous creak filled his ears and Homra had to remove his grip on them. Not a good idea. Well, he could at least pull anyone up and help them squeeze through the gap. He motioned for the party to start moving, while under the cover of rain. Wouldn't want to lose it.

Spoiler

Force Powers used: Force Sight, Force Leap

Item Used: Magna-Grip boots on modified stealth/tech armor

Homra will be helping people to get up and in, and he'd likely be the last one inside.

Homra Azner    83
Spoiler

Okay, so we're all good with modding to get inside. So yeah, hangar/place is empty for now.

The first person to climb was Mirran - Char and Yusan both helped her up. She pulled on the vines, sometimes slipping as she progressed upwards. The rain made holding on to the plants and finding footholds on the walls difficult. Eventually, Mirran managed to find her way close enough for the Echani to reach for her hand and then helped her get in through the gap.

'One down,' Homra thought, wiping at his forehead with the back of his arm instinctively. Thankfully, the coat covered most of it, and he was relieved that Mirran made it and he didn't get the armor's components wet.

Next was Char, and Homra was a little curious and augmented his hearing with the Force because the initiate was muttering as he tried pulling himself up. They were mostly choice words about the situation, so the Knight elected to ignore it. Half-way through, Char didn't get a proper foothold and nearly slipped down with a rather loud yelp. Homra hoped the rain drowned out the initiate's shout and that they didn't get the Flesh Raider's attention. Char took a little longer than Mirran, and the Echani was practically pulling some of Char's weight through the Force. It felt like an eternity before Homra could reach for the man, and he quickly hauled Char up and waited for him to finish slinking through the gap before gesturing for someone to try next.

Iman leapt up, augmenting her jump, and then landed halfway through. She grabbed one of the vines, and rather methodically began pulling herself up. The plant she was holding too was rather thin, and it snapped when Iman had a quarter of the way left. The twi'lek was about a few meters above ground before she managed to grab another branch and tried again. This time around, she was rather successful, and just nodded towards Homra as he helped her through the gap. It was harder for her, as she was built like a brick house. Eventually, she got in and Homra looked back down and then gestured at Yusan next.

The Echani raised a brow and then crouched down. He leaned forward and then leaped up with a Force Augmented jump. Yusan was mid-air when Homra tried grabbing his arm to help him up the gap. But the other Echani did manage to fit through, albeit with some difficulty thanks to his toned body, and had finally gotten through the space between the enormous hangar doors. It took longer than the archivist would have liked, and he mentally cheered when the Guardian finally made it through. With everyone on the other side, Homra then made his way next, deactivating his boots as he did so, and slinked through the hole. It was harder than it looked like, and he didn't want to slip through something that narrow ever again.

"Okay, we're all here." Yusan had somehow disappeared, but Homra did saw a flash of white slipping through the doors and into the halls of the Temple. "We need to get to the map room - which is on the second floor - first, then the archives - which is on the first floor. Don't touch anything, be as quiet as possible, and don't try to catch the Flesh Raiders' attention. You don't want it, I don't want it . Any questions before we leave this room?"

• Like 1

Char    28

Char had made his way to the hangar. He had almost fallen but thankfully he had avoided a possibly dangerous fall. The hangar was empty. To Char's delight, there seemed to be no Flesh Raiders around. Char wasn't very thrilled with the prospect of fighting them. Yet he was thrilled with the prospect of taking one or more Jedi artifacts with him. Now was his chance to put his plan into action. He was going to be cautious; he did not allow himself to think about what he was going to do and his face had a bland expression. He had learned how to hide his emotions from others.

Homra spoke and explained to them what they were going to do. He then asked them if they had any questions. "I do have a question.", Char said. "What exactly does the map room contain? Aside from maps that is..."

Mirran Kai    58

Mirran took a deep breath. So this was the fabled temple of Tython, well technically the hangar bay. If...no Mirran don't open too much...she was warned about this. She cocked her head curiously....don't you'll feel things you don't want to feel. She squeezed her Force presence tighter. So tight that she felt kind of sick. Yet she knew beyond anything she couldn't risk being upset by the ruins and those who had died here. Empathy could be a curse in such a place as this and Mirran knew that her people were very empathic in nature by virtue of their Force sight. 

"What is important about the map room that this is more important than the archives?" 

Homra Azner    83

"Just maps, as far as I'm concerned." Homra shrugged. "Might be some council things, I can get a copy of the data - but it'd be encrypted and would have tons of security measures that'd give seasoned slicers migraines for years."

The hangar bay was mostly empty. There was about a shuttle or two left since the attack, but neither looked they're still capable of flight. Vines managed to crawl across the gap, slowly making their way across the doors and into the cracked duracrete walls. Dust and molds clung to the walls and nearly every surface, rainwater dripped down from the many holes on the roof, and there were barely any evidence left in the hangar that it once faced an attack. Some of the terminals looked intact, while the rest still sported holes thanks to blaster fire and the stray lightsaber. It was hard to tell if there was still power running through the temple, but Homra would be finding out soon enough.

"I need to access the terminals first, need to know if there's still power." The Echani headed over one that looked intact. He pushed the power button on, and nothing happened. Not exactly unexpected, nature could have cut the power permanently. He was about to step away when the screen flickered, the near-silent hum of a computer terminal booting up had Homra's ears twitching. It took three minutes before the screen finally displayed the main interface. Homra nearly entered his current username and password before remembering that Tython had long been disconnected from the HoloNet or from any other network for the past year. It was a little hard to remember his old account details, but Horma had the foresight to save it on his datapad despite the risk.

When he was the assistant archivist, he could access most of the cameras within the archives. However, access was limited outside it. That was why he had his tech armor with him though, and it already had a program that could try and access the Temple's security system. It wouldn't be able to bypass everything, but he should be able to access the holocams. It took less then a minute to do so, and that had the Echani frowning.

About half a dozen still provided some manner of feed, while the rest were damaged or disconnected. It didn't do much good, since the working cameras were in the areas few people frequented, where no one probably thought to run and hide when Tython was attacked. Currently, these areas were empty.

With that out, they'd have to rely on the Force for Sight, then.

Homra's eyes fluttered shut, and he let himself see the world through the Force. Two pairs of Flesh Raiders were already padding up the stairs, probably to patrol or scavenge. Not that there would be anyone trying to steal anything or sneak in. His lips ended up twitching in amusement at the thought.

"We have four Flesh Raiders heading up, the hangar bay doors still look functional, and I have no idea if they know how to operate it." He gestured vaguely at the enormous double doors. "Looks like they're just circling around the hall, one would stop at like a fourth of the way for a minute, take a peek at whatever room if they could, and then circle back again."

"We to sneak and move as fast as possible to get to the map room." The hangar didn't lead directly to the main circular hall, and he really wished that there was at least a hole directly to the map room. "We need a distraction, but not something that'd have the whole tribe storming in and eating us. I could sneak off on my own and get there, but I can't really bring all the data cubes and crystals from the second floor to outside. If anyone has ideas though, now would be a good time to share them."

Mirran Kai    58

"Just maps, as far as I'm concerned. Might be some council things, I can get a copy of the data - but it'd be encrypted and would have tons of security measures that'd give seasoned slicers migraines for years."

Mirran cocked her head in a curious manner. She didn't know why but she got a sense that there was more to this than just maps. By all intents and purposes, the archives should be more important than the maps room course they were on the 2nd floor, to begin with, or was it the first floor? She was all turned around in this place and her vision wasn't the best right now because it was muted in a dull manner. She sighed and decided to open herself to the Force just a bit but slowly and carefully. She cringed a bit, sensing at least four nebulous beings that radiated a dull hunger. 

That would be the Flesh Raiders that Homra was mentioning. They were mutated members of the Rakata, according to her studies. They were a bit like the infamous Masassai that she had briefly studied about as well. Not that she knew that much about either of these two races. Both were races that had a natural affinity to the Force. However, the knowledge she knew of them was limited because they were known as races that were drawn toward the Dark Side. Of course, the masters and Jedi would never allow her full archival access to a couple of races that embraced the Dark Side. It was basically footnoted about how these races had been basically wiped out because of their alignment in the Force.

Mirran wondered if the same would happen to the Flesh Raiders someday that they would gradually end up fading away or eventually become extinct.  Course she wondered similarly about her own race. They too were a race that had a natural affinity to the Force. Although not all Miralukas were strong enough in the Force to be a Jedi, however that tended to be the exception and not the norm. 

"We to sneak and move as fast as possible to get to the map room. We need a distraction, but not something that'd have the whole tribe storming in and eating us. I could sneak off on my own and get there, but I can't really bring all the data cubes and crystals from the second floor to outside. If anyone has ideas though, now would be a good time to share them."

"Do Flesh Raiders persuade easily? I mean....they seem kind of thick and more brawn than brain. Perhaps a little nudge and they would fight each other rather than pay attention to us and we could then slip by easily enough. Although that is just one idea." 

Edited by Mirran Kai
  • Like 1

Char    28

When Homra mentioned the Flesh Raiders, Char had to force himself not to smile. They provided an excellent opportunity for him and could be used to his advantage. While Homra was telling the group about the raiders, Char exuded a sense of calmness and confidence. 'It seems that the Force is on my side...', he thought.

"We need a distraction, but not something that'd have the whole tribe storming in and eating us. I could sneak off on my own and get there, but I can't really bring all the data cubes and crystals from the second floor to outside. If anyone has ideas though, now would be a good time to share them."

"I say that we split.", Char said. "Me and you can try to sneak and bring the data cubes while the rest try to distract the Flesh Raiders. That way, we can bring the data cubes without alerting the raiders or having to fight them. While the raiders may notice if a whole group of people try to sneak into the map room, I doubt they would notice just the two of us. Mirran's idea seems to be a good way for the rest of the group to distract them while we two sneak into the map room."

Char paused for a moment. "As for why it should be me coming with you to the map room.... well, due to her Force sight, I believe that Mirran is best suited with observing the raiders and trying to find a way to implement her plan. Iman would be easily noticed, so she too shouldn't be the one to sneak with you. Yusan should remain here in case the plan does not work and the raiders are alerted to Mirran's and Iman's presence; it would be unwise to leave behind only a padawan and initiates in a dangerous place. You also cannot get all the data cubes on your own, as you've already said. So, the natural choice would be for me to accompany you to the room."

Of course, the reason Char wanted to sneak alone with Homra to the map room was because he wanted to obtain data cubes for himself. If there was only one other person in the room, and they were in a hurry, then that person would not notice that Char was keeping some of the data cubes for himself. Char hoped that Homra would accept his plan; he had tried to use all his rhetorical skills in trying to persuading him. If Homra rejected his plan though, he would have to find a way to alert the Flesh Raiders in order to cause a distraction that would allow him to steal the data cubes. Either way, Char wasn't going to give up on his quest, even if it meant alerting a dangerous and bloodthirsty tribe of their whereabouts. He hadn't come all this way to return empty handed.

• Like 2