13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, in this thread you will be posting your character sheet transfer requests for the staff to assist you with. Please be patient as we did this at about 500 times the speed of the last one and many of us are sleep deprived, thank you. A questions and answers will be posted below as well, enjoy!

You will receive the new character sheet via PM, so do not worry friends.

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Questions and Answers

Below you will find all the answers you are seeking for the transfers from Character Sheet System 2.0 to 0.5, which is significantly simpler, should a question be missing that you have, please do not be afraid to ask - it will be more than likely answered and if the question is something really important, it will be added to the list below.

Q: Since we lack Attributes, does that mean we can select other skills for all those missing points?

A: Short answer; no. Long answer; Attributes are lost in the sense that they no longer exist, instead we have "Character Skills, Abilities and Talents", filling the niche for attributes, while allowing people to customize their former attributes and their skills into this section to describe the character properly; Resolve IV with Control Proficiency IV? Your character has an impressive connection to the Force, etc.

Q: Can we take as many skills as we want in this transfer?

A: Your character sheet will be transferred over to the new system and all those skills will be swapped accordingly by an Administrator as you fill in the other portion (parts from the wiki can be brought over by an Admin as well to assist in the biography.) If you have any backing for certain skills, you may take them, but it is expected that you are realistic - no taking Corruption I powers if you aren't Corruption I, unless you have proof the character has the capacity to use it through a recent roleplay - alignments can swap during this with enough proof and backing.

Q: I'm an Apprentice/ Knight tier character, and I now have powers which are in a tier above my current rank. Does this mean I no longer have these Force Powers?

A: Long story short; no. Every power that characters have on their sheet today will be honored in the change-over, which is why we are asking members to put their sheets in the new forum. We can keep an eye on what powers they have and ensure you are able to use these powers regardless of your rank - we aren't going to short change your progress just because of a change of system. Going forward you will be tied to new powers in your own rank and tier, but we expect that the greater range of freedom in this aspect will make it more enjoyable and easier to progress.

Q: I lost a ton of skills in the transfer, how is that fair?

A: A lot of skills were compressed into the base of other skills - you never lost them, they were put in another skill you probably have. Some gained more skills and some kept the same skills they had.

Q: Force Body has been moved, but why?

A: Force Body made no sense being in the skill tree and has been replaced by Force Invigorate, meaning you get both skills. Force Body is more of a unnatural occurrence in the Force where the spirit clings to the Force while the body is damaged, meaning it has dark sided tendencies, but some Jedi have used it as well.

Q: Why do certain dark side abilities and light side abilities not have alignments?

A: To allow people to have access to start powers without a need for Spirit, and Force Absorb is pretty neutral.

ed: This change also allows people to use powers to leverage their Alignment; for instance using an obviously Dark Sided power that doesn't have an alignment will force the character into a Corruption rating simply because of the nature of the ability.

Q: Why is x-kinesis ability split now?

A: To show character progression, and to not have people create flaming walls or pillars while just picking up the skill.

Q: Why are there so many restricted powers and restricted skills?

A: Force powers have gotten a huge buff, including the addition of skills people wanted meaning that certain abilities could be added for more flavor - notice how there are some abilities without requirements? I notice, maybe that has something to do with us potentially giving people more power later on with more roleplay to back it. Restricted skills are simply there for blocking people from becoming more than before in a shorter amount of time. Lightsaber Forms were buffed to accommodate more descriptions and combined both defensive and offensive proficiency, and Beskar smithing has always been reserved for people with Mandalorians. Roleplay and maybe you can reach these abilities.

Q: Why are alignments only going up to three now?

A: Corruption IV and Purity IV were near-impossible for the average roleplayer to gain, and that's why they were removed. Corruption III and Purity III are easier, but they are still a challenge for those that lack certain character types.

Q: What if we edit our skills after you've approved them? Or what if someone else does?

A: Administrators can see everything that is edited and we will do a look over stuff if you or the staff believe there is foul-play involved.

Q: Can we request things, like higher level rank abilities for our character(s)?

A: Sure, but please be realistic and give us examples as to why your character(s) deserve it, or some sort of proof so you're not just taking the best of the best because they are 'flashy'.

ed: We encourage members to request higher powers or skills than they have the requirements for, especially if you put the time and effort into describing why your character should be 'above-average' in a particular skill set. While we won't approve your character to have everything above their rank, we are willing to discuss with individual characters what they might need to make them a unique and interesting character, without becoming a 'God of the Force' before their time.

Q: What if you guys give us certain things we didn't before?

A: We'll make sure to list them, do not worry.

Q: What happens to our equipment if it's now a higher rank than us?

A: You get to keep it, we will make sure to have that listed. See the question about Force Powers above.

Q: Where's the equipment list?

A: Corey is on two and a half hours of sleep, he's not really alive. Give it a day or two.

Q: How can we properly roleplay without attributes?

A: By collaborating with other roleplayers, utilizing the "Character Skills, Abilities and Talents", avoiding mathematics, understanding that your character isn't unstoppable, understanding that even a Sith Acolyte can hurt a Sith Lord. There's a couple, but overall just be realistic and collaborate with other writers. The Staff will also be here to assist in any potential PvP situations, and are happy to settle any disputes fairly.

Q: Can we teach other people higher level skills?

A: Sure, I don't see why not, though I would bring it up with an Administrator first if it's something that is two skill levels above the individual. We encourage you to continue to train to develop your character, after all, who is going to usurp the throne from Atrox after he usurps Valyrian?

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

my characters I need transferred over are Karter, Brison Yi, Coventry, Whips, Nola Trenox and Cambul.

HI1fUaE.png

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Kure and the rest of the staff

HI1fUaE.png

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Sihna Dreysel, Kehra Ke'dem, Vesrai Falk, A'mari Sehrin

HI1fUaE.png

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Je'ka Cuyot, Chel Shaad, Tal Cuyot, Daj'qa Brega, Vansic Modun, Giran Antur, Saris Rhenn, Vanahok, and Stell Chevric

...sorry

Taken by: Daniel

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Setsuna Andal, Cyrex Varsin, and Telera Montrose

I promise it'll be easy at least? ...I think? O_o\

Taken by: Kure because I'm doing this in 'easiest' to 'hardest'.

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

heya - not sure how this works, exactly, but figure I should put my name on the list.

Darth Verrin

I'm in no rush to get this transfer through (all of my threads are in cryogenic sleep at the moment), so no pressure on whoever takes this task. I'm happy to work with whoever it is, and I think my Profile has all of my past character sheets (though the formatting on the really old ones is questionable at best). Thank you in advance, and again - no rush.

Taken by: Kure to assist Verrin in the transition, since it's pretty easy and all his skills can be transferred in like a second.

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Important: Those that got the character sheets already, please remember to add Rank: aboveDate of Birth, I forgot to add that to the final part. It's minor, but important to those Force-sensitives and Force-blinds that may not have obvious ranks. Allows us to provide where your character is 'located' :P

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Darth Tanit, Holle, Ma'rik Alesha, Master Karnok, Orianne Theriot, Lyra Ginn. Not particularly difficult I hope, but there are quite a few.

Taken by: Kitty and Kad

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)

Thuria Drinna and Kal Vonnar

HI1fUaE.png

Edited by Kure

For those not in our Discord chat and those still working on their changes; remember that you have a wiki page that covers the biography :P May make things 100% easier.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would like some assistance with transferring my characters, Bara and Tyrinn.

Taken by Kure

Edited by Kure