Arguably the most powerful military force in the Galaxy, this Empire rose from virtual obscurity, waiting in the shadows until the Republic and Vitiate's Empire had whittled themselves down for the perfect time to strike. Both the Army and the Navy grew under the watchful eye of Emperor Cideon, despite disaster striking at their homeworld of Nogatan, or perhaps because of it, the Emperor and his Council decided that their forces were sufficient, so tthey struck out; taking Balmora, Korriban and Dromund Kaas within a matter of days. The War was hard fought and costly, and the aftermath took years to finally quell, but with the manufacturing infrastructure of Vitiate's Empire behind them, and the guidance of a hunger to dominate every living being, the Empire turns its attentions to the Galactic Republic, the only force in the galaxy capable of providing the Empire the strife that it needs to thrive, as well as bountiful worlds, ripe for plunder.
In recent times, the Empire has even been working with Mandalorians on new ship designs, different technologies for the purposes of waging war. The results of which have bred vessels that are ideally suited for an overwhelming offense, in their pursuit of galactic conquest.
Those worlds which resist will feel the might of the Imperial War Machine.
Perhaps the most powerful naval force in the history of the galaxy, the Sith Empire's Navy is largely made up of starships, though there are a great number of support infrastructures in place, from drydocks to space stations. The most notable of these stations is Vakien Spacedock, the largest of its kind, and named after the father of Vitiate's military, the station has survived every attempt upon it, and still stands secure to this day. It is unique, in that it is a hub for both military and civilian activity, a true gateway to the Empire. In accordance with the policies of the previous owners, the station holds everything a soldier could possibly need to entertain them on a leave of absence, while their ship is in dock, without providing them with an easy means for desertion, such as could be found on a planet based shore leave.
Ship Type (Length)
- Sabre-class Interceptor (8m)
- Chimera-class Fighter (10m)
- Inferno-class Bomber (12m)
- Fortune-class Supply Transport (150m)
- Hailstorm-class Troop Transport, 350 troops (200m)
- Trident-class Corvette (300m)
- Victory-class Frigate (400m)
- Bulwark-class Escort Frigate (400m)
- Adder-class Light Cruiser (500m)
- Dominance-class Assault Cruiser (800m)
- Violator-class Heavy Cruiser (800m)
- Subjugator-class Star Destroyer (3000m)
- Titan-class Star Dreadnought (11000m)
Wings (Composed of Starfighters)
Command: Wing Commander
- Escort (8 Fighters, 4 Interceptors)
- Pursuit (12 Interceptors)
- Attack (12 Fighters)
- Bombard (8 Bombers, 4 Fighters)
Lines (Composed of Ships & Wings)
Command: Line Commander (or simply Commander)
- Supply Line (12 Supply Transports, 4 Escort Frigates, 4 Escort Wings)
- Troop Line (8 Troop Transports, 2 Escort Frigates, 4 Escort Wings)
- Recon Line (4 Light Cruisers, 8 Pursuit Wings)
- Skirmish Line (8 Corvettes, 4 Attack Wings, 4 Pursuit Wings)
- Attack Line (6 Frigates, 12 Attack Teams, 6 Pursuit Wings)
- Heavy Line (2 Heavy Cruisers, 4 Light Cruisers, 2 Assault Cruisers, 16 Attack Wings, 8 Bombard Wings)
- Pursuit Line (6 Light Cruisers, 6 Pursuit Wings)
- Bombard Line (4 Heavy Cruisers, 8 Attack Wings, 12 Bombard Wings)
- Destroyer Line (1 Star Destroyer, 2 Attack Wings, 2 Bombard Wings, 2 Pursuit Wings)
Squadrons (Composed of Lines)
- Supply Squadron (2 Supply Lines, 1 Attack Line, 1 Skirmish Line)
- Troop Squadron (2 Troop Lines, 1 Attack Line, 1 Skirmish Line)
- Light Squadron (2 Attack Lines, 1 Skirmish Line, 1 Recon Line)
- Heavy Squadron (1 Destroyer Line, 2 Heavy Lines, 1 Recon Line)
- Battle Squadron (1 Destroyer Line, 1 Bombard Line, 1 Heavy Line, 1 Attack Line, 1 Pursuit Line)
- Supply Squadron: 24 Supply Transports, 6 Frigates, 8 Corvettes, 4 Escort Frigates, 16 Attack Wings, 10 Pursuit Wings, 4 Escort Wings
- Troop Squadron: 16 Troop Transports, 6 Frigates, 8 Corvettes, 4 Escort Frigates, 16 Attack Wings, 10 Pursuit Wings, 8 Escort Wings
- Light Squadron: 4 Light Cruisers, 12 Frigates, 8 Corvettes, 28 Attack Wings, 24 Pursuit Wings
- Heavy Squadrons: 1 Star Destroyer, 4 Heavy Cruisers, 12 Light Cruisers, 4 Assault Cruisers, 34 Attack Wings, 18 Bombard Wings, 10 Pursuit Wings
- Battle Squadron: 1 Star Destroyer, 6 Heavy Cruisers, 10 Light Cruisers, 2 Assault Cruisers, 6 Frigates, 38 Attack Wings, 20 Bombard Wings, 14 Pursuit Wings
Fleets (Composed of Squadrons)
- Reserve Fleet (1 Battle Squadron, 2 Light Squadrons, 1 Supply Squadron)
- Escort Fleet (2 Heavy Squadrons, 4 Light Squadrons, 2 Supply Squadrons)
- Assault Fleet (4 Heavy Squadrons, 2 Light Squadrons, 4 Troop Squadrons, 1 Supply Squadron)
- Superiority Fleet (4 Battle Squadrons, 2 Heavy Squadrons, 2 Light Squadrons, 1 Troop Squadron, 1 Supply Squadron)
- Reserve Fleet: 1 Star Destroyer, 6 Heavy Cruisers, 18 Light Cruisers, 2 Assault Cruisers, 36 Frigates, 24 Corvettes, 4 Escort Frigates, 24 Supply Transports, 16 Troop Transports, 110 Attack Wings, 20 Bombard Wings, 72 Pursuit Wings, 4 Escort Wings
- Escort Fleet: 2 Star Destroyers, 8 Heavy Cruisers, 40 Light Cruisers, 8 Assault Cruisers, 60 Frigates, 48 Corvettes, 8 Escort Frigates, 48 Supply Transports, 212 Attack Wings, 32 Bombard Wings, 136 Pursuit Wings, 8 Escort Wings
- Assault Fleet: 4 Star Destroyers, 16 Heavy Cruisers, 56 Light Cruisers, 16 Assault Cruisers, 54 Frigates, 56 Corvettes, 20 Escort Frigates, 24 Supply Transports, 64 Troop Transports, 272 Attack Wings, 72 Bombard Wings, 138 Pursuit Wings, 36 Escort Wings
- Superiority Fleet: 6 Star Destroyers, 30 Heavy Cruisers, 72 Light Cruisers, 16 Assault Cruisers, 60 Frigates, 32 Corvettes, 8 Escort Frigates, 24 Supply Transports, 16 Troop Transports, 308 Attack Wings, 112 Bombard Wings, 144 Pursuit Wings, 12 Escort Wings
Groups (Composed of Fleets)
Command: Grand Admiral
- Forward Command Group (2 Superiority Fleets, 6 Assault Fleets, 12 Escort Fleets)
- Strategic Command Group (4 Assault Fleets, 12 Escort Fleets, 8 Reserve Fleets)
- Reserve Command Group (1 Escort Fleet, 10 Reserve Fleets)
- Forward Command Group: 60 Star Destroyers, 252 Heavy Cruisers, 960 Light Cruisers, 224 Assault Cruisers, 1164 Frigates, 976 Corvettes, 232 Escort Frigates, 768 Supply Transports, 416 Troop Transports, 4792 Attack Wings, 1040 Bombard Wings, 2748 Pursuit Wings, 336 Escort Wings
- Strategic Command Group: 48 Star Destroyers, 224 Heavy Cruisers, 848 Light Cruisers, 176 Assault Cruisers, 1224 Frigates, 992 Corvettes, 208 Escort Frigates, 864 Supply Transports, 384 Troop Transports, 4512 Attack Wings, 832 Bombard Wings, 1108 Pursuit Wings, 272 Escort Wings
- Reserve Command Group: 12 Star Destroyers, 68 Heavy Cruisers, 220 Light Cruisers, 28 Assault Cruisers, 420 Frigates, 288 Corvettes, 48 Escort Frigates, 288 Supply Transports, 160 Troop Transports, 1312 Attack Wings, 232 Bombard Wings, 856 Pursuit Wings, 48 Escort Wings
*The Reserve Command Group Escort Fleet and one of the Reserve Fleets are under the command of the Kaar of Military Strategy, while the remaining 9 are under the command of the non-military Kaar's (1 Fleet per Kaar)
Whether in service with the Imperial Navy or the ground based Army units, an Imperial Trooper's training is second to none. As is expected within any army, all soldiers recieve the same basic training, then the specialise in their chosen field, be that based on preference or aptitude. The red and grey armour that once adorned Vitiate's troops now serves the current Empire, the fearsome reputation of the soldiers wearing it sowing fear among the ranks of the enemy, and rightfully so.
Command: Commando (or Lieutenant in Point Squad)
A squad is comprised of nine Troopers and a Commando. The typical rank of a Trooper is private or corporal, while the typical rank of a Commando is Sergeant. Imperial mandate requires that every squad be outfitted with a Commando, a Medic, a Sniper, an Engineer and a Demolitionist. The remaining five positions are typically held by non-specialized soldiers.
Platoon (Composed of Squads)
Command: Lieutenant (or Captain in Point Platoon)
A platoon is comprised of five squads, one of which is designated the point squad. The commander of the point squad, as well as the entire platoon, is typically an Imperial Officer (usually a Lieutenant). There are fifty Troopers total in a platoon. A platoon is typically deployed to take or hold a single structure.
Company (Composed of Platoons)
Command: Captain (or Major in Point Company)
A company is comprised of 7 platoons, one of which is designated the point platoon. The commander of the point platoon, as well as the entire company, is typically an Imperial Officer (usually a Captain). There are 350 Troopers in a company (a single company can fit into a Hailstorm-class Troop Transport). A company is typically deployed to take or hold a single district.
Battalion (Composed of Companies)
Command: Major (or Colonel in Point Battalion)
A battalion is comprised of 4 companies, one of which is designated the point company. The commander of the point company, as well as the entire battalion, is typically an Imperial Officer (usually a Major). There are 1400 Troopers in a battalion. A battalion is typically deployed to take or hold a single city.
Regiment (Composed of Battalions)
Command: Colonel (or General in Point Regiment)
A regiment is comprised of 4 battalions, one of which is designated the point battalion. The commander of the point battalion, as well as the entire regiment, is typically an Imperial Officer (usually a Colonel). There are 5600 Troopers in a regiment (a single regiment is comprised within a Superiority Fleet). A regiment is typically deployed to take or hold a single planetary region.
Corps (Composed of Regiments)
A corps is comprised of 4 regiments, one of which is designated the point regiment. The commander of the point regiment, as well as the entire corps, is typically an Imperial Officer (usually a General). There are 22400 Troopers in a corps (a single corps is comprised within an Assault Fleet). A corps is typically deployed to take or hold a single planet.